LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Pot Head Poster
5,169 Posts
i actually was thinkin of doing this but it would cost a shit load of money unless you get the homie hookup on it if you know somebody on here well who plates things.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
TRY ASKING WHERE THEY PLATE PLASTIC,HERE IN CALI ,CORNER OF 17TH AND NEWHOPE,JUST AROUND THE CORNER, I WAS TOLD THERE IS A GUY THAT DOES PLASTIC CHROME FOR MY SONS MONTE PLASTIC CHROME STRIPS(AND NOT THE MODEL ,BUT THE REAL THING) HERES A PIC.......

Attachments

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
yeah you cant chrome body filler. you have to metal finish it. meaning no bondo and its alot of work unless you can find someone that chromed plates plastic

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by eric ramos@Aug 2 2005, 03:46 AM
any expert
tony o
socios prez
lil deville
[snapback]3523724[/snapback]​
:cool: I dont think you can chrome bondo. Your best bet is doing like OCC and weld everything and grind it down smooth as a baby's ass. Your welds have to be really strong cuz you're gonna grind most of it down to smooth it out. Then make sure you buff it smooth as you can. Just like working with bondo, grind the hell out of the roughest parts with rough paper then go to something finer so you don't have all those swirl marks in it. It is possible, just gotta get bondo out of your head when doing it, leave that in the bucket cuz you ain't gonna be using it ;)

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by eric ramos@Aug 2 2005, 04:12 AM
what a bout this
master lowrider ebay

no bondo at all
[snapback]3523839[/snapback]​
Exactly, do it all metal no bondo at all. If that bike was truely done with no bondo and all metal it would be worth more than a bondo frame, dunno if its worth $500 though cuz if you know a master welder I'm sure it'd be much less

·
Registered
15,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 1 2005, 06:17 PM
Exactly, do it all metal no bondo at all.  If that bike was truely done with no bondo and all metal it would be worth more than a bondo frame, dunno if its worth $500 though cuz if you know a master welder I'm sure it'd be much less
[snapback]3523873[/snapback]​
that be very true that it would be more expencive

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
yes it can be done but it ends up being very expensive if it's done right. I have done minor things on custom parts but not a frame. But the frame would not be that hard for me to do.

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by lil deville@Aug 2 2005, 04:33 AM
yes it can be done but it ends up being very expensive if it's done right. I have done minor things on custom parts but not a frame. But the frame would not be that hard for me to do.
[snapback]3523970[/snapback]​

True dat if anyone could do the frame it would be Lil Deville :thumbsup:

He'd take your house as payment though just don't tell your parents :cool:

J/K

I dunno I'd say do it bondo cuz if you don't have enough money for it do the bondo frame and spend your money on paint ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts