Registered
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AuggieStyle@Sep 26 2007, 01:20 AM~8871744
i saw this a while back on you tube.... how long did it actually take for the whole job.....
i thought it was cool and have done my own time lapse since then.
It was last year. We have a about 4hr shop time and 2hr book time. So about four hours a day 4 days a week give or take. They got finished with it in about 5 or 6 months. See, we learn as we go along, and most students have not had exposure to autobody work so it takes a little longer than normal to do a hard hit repair like that. But we learn so much.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of people talk shit on somebody that's going to school for autobody collision or automotive tech. People don't understand that this industry is constantly changing, and unless you've been in the industry for sometime now, you just can't jump in it because somebody can vouch for your work. These shops want to see that paper work.

·
Registered
857 Posts
yeah thats what i tell my students, i hope you are making your own portfolio of your work. it does wonders when you go out looking for a job also remember that you can use you school as credit when you take your ASE certifications.
best of luck to you.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by AuggieStyle@Sep 26 2007, 11:12 PM~8878027
yeah thats what i tell my students, i hope you are making your own portfolio of your work. it does wonders when you go out looking for a job also remember that you can use you school as credit when you take your ASE certifications.
best of luck to you.
Oh yeah, i got so many I-CAR points stacked up it ain't even funny, i'm I-CAR certified in Steel and Aluminum Welding to name a few. All I have to do is pay 20bucks for each point when I'm finished. And i'm waiting to i finish school and get a job so they can pay for the points ;) ..Oops, forgot to mention that I got offered the St. Louis Auto Dealers Scholorship (which is almost every dealership in STL) and I accepted it of course! :0 :0 :0 :0 Guaranteed Employment

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by Anteazy@Sep 27 2007, 04:14 AM~8879401
Oh yeah, i got so many I-CAR points stacked up it ain't even funny,  i'm I-CAR certified in Steel and Aluminum Welding to name a few.  All I have to do is pay 20bucks for each point when I'm finished.  And i'm waiting to i finish school and get a job so they can pay for the points ;) ..Oops,  forgot to mention that I got offered the St. Louis Auto Dealers Scholorship (which is almost every dealership in STL) and I accepted it of course! :0  :0  :0  :0  Guaranteed Employment
Congratulations bro ! Good to see homies out there with a good head on their shoulder. :cool:

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Sin7@Sep 27 2007, 12:50 PM~8881298
Congratulations bro ! Good to see homies out there with a good head on their shoulder.  :cool:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts