LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M PROBABLY GONNA START INSTALLING MY SET UP IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO AND I'VE GOT A COUPLE QUESTIONS STILL. I HAVE A 78 REGAL V-8 THAT I'M PUTTING A 2 PUMP 8 BATT. SET UP IN WITH 8'S IN THE FRONT AND 12'S IN THE REAR WITH A COIL OVER SET UP. I"M GETTING MY FRAME DONE NEXT WEEK AND I'M GOING TO EXTEND/REINFORCE MY UPPER A-ARMS 1" AND PROBABLY REINFORCE MY REAR AXLE. ALSO, I DON'T PLAN ON HOPPING BUT I DO WANT TO TRY AND HIT A 3 EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.

NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS....

1. WHAT SPRING SHOULD I DO IN THE FRONT 3 OR 3.5 TON ?
2. SHOULD THE SPRING BE REG. OR COMP. ?
3. I'VE HEARD SOME BAD THINGS ABOUT POWER BALLS, DO I NEED TO USE THEM?
4. DO I NEED TO EXTEND MY REAR CONTROL ARMS, TRAILING ARMS, AND/OR MY DRIVESHAFT?

I THINK THAT'S IT FOR NOW, IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS OR SOMETHING THAT I FORGOT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANX!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
3.5 comp. , ajustable uppers and cut the drive shaft 1 inch thats what i would do....only i would hopp it :biggrin:

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ANYONE ELSE?? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by blackonblack64@Dec 4 2003, 04:46 PM
3.5 comp. , ajustable uppers and cut the drive shaft 1 inch thats what i would do....only i would hopp it :biggrin:
that what i would do also....i would hop the hell out of it......also what ''bad things'' did you hear about power balls?

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I DON'T WANT TO HOP IT! DO I STILL NEED TO GET THE ADJUSTABLES AND THE DRIVE SHAFT DONE?

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
1) nacho's 3 1/2's
2)same as above
3)your probably refering to hyme joints....power balls are good shit
4)It is not neccessary with 12's but it doesn't hurt to extend upper trailing arms 1 inch or get adjustables...and the drive shaft shortened 1 inch

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
YEAH BUT YOUR TRAILING ARMS TWIST WHEN YOU 3 WHEEL
SEE

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SO ADJUSTABLES WOULD BE BETTER....RIGHT?

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF I DO THE ADJUSTABLES, IS IT NECCESARY TO SHORTEN THE DRIVE SHAFT? IF SO, HOW MUCH DOES THAT USUALLY COST?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by PIMP JUICE 78@Dec 4 2003, 08:02 PM
IF I DO THE ADJUSTABLES, IS IT NECCESARY TO SHORTEN THE DRIVE SHAFT? IF SO, HOW MUCH DOES THAT USUALLY COST?
yes you still need to shorten the drive shaft i think it costs around 25 bucks

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GET IT DONE RIGHT?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i dont know ther is a guy that i know that builds race cars and he said he does it all the time so thats who is doing mine

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TOO BAD YOU'RE NOT CLOSER

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
just try to find some one that builds race cars thats about all i can think of

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A GUY I WORK WITH DOES...I'LL HAVE TO ASK HIM WHEN HE GETS BACK FROM VACATION IF HE COULD DO IT.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
ask him is he can balance it after he cuts it if he cant you need to find some one who can cuz a unbalance driveshaft can cuse some big problems

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YEAH, THATS THE BIGGEST THING I'M WORRIED ABOUT. THAT'S WHY I WAS HOPING I COULD GET BY WITHOUT DOING IT.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
if you are running 12 you may get a way with it i have 14s and its not a problem if only one cylinder but if i lift the other it jeks a little

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
2 pumps n 8 batts?... wut for?... if your not gunna hop u dont need 8 batts... if your not gunna hop wut i would do iz 2 pumps 6 Dynasty UPS batts 8's up front with deep cups and full stacks super 3's a number 8 hose with a y-block splitting into 2 number 6 hoses, a parker checkvalve with a nice square dump...lol or a italian dump, marzochi number 11 to the nose 72 volts to the nose then... do a front bridge with chains.... then in the rear do the axle, ears, arches and if your gunna do anything to the drive shaft i would just buy a teliscopic drive shaft...12 inch cylenders in the rear coil-over with some nice 2 ton springs with a marzochi number 6 gear to the rear 2 dumps and honestly i had no problems with my driveshaft on my regal... and no problems with the trailing arms and i used to turn 3 wheel every corner before i had my chain bridge done...i have never had a problem with the ol simple box tubing welded to the axle to hold the cylenders

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ID DON'T KNOW...I'LL LOOK IN TO IT.......THANX BRO!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts