LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..now there are a few people here in my area that are arguing about this and I was wondering what you guys had to say about it.
I am aware of the performance difference between the two but my question is....
Is a single piston = to a double pump?
For example......
An 80's Caprice Coupe running a single piston to the front....against...
An 85 Caddi Coupe running a single normal to the nose.
Is this fair or unfair?.....

Any answers would be greatly appreciated ....thanks.RO

·
Registered
51,637 Posts
:uh: ;)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Originally posted by unforgiven50insp@Oct 18 2006, 10:27 PM~6398488
A pump is a pump.  But keep in mind, just because you're runnin a Piston Pump don't mean that its gonna perform better than a reg pump.  Theres more to it than tossin  a PP in your ride and hoppin
I agree you also gotta take alot of other factors in consideration. Switch man, Proper Setup, Batteries, Frame to many to list!

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See the reason I am asking is that there are certain individuals in my area that want to run thier mouths and challenge this and that but when it comes down to play time thier arguement is ..."You guys have pistons.....thats not fair"...
So I just wanted a few opinions from others.....thanks a million..............Ro

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by let_it_go@Oct 19 2006, 01:59 PM~6400644
ARE YOU SERIOUS :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

You were the first one to cry about it.....saying that.... "a Piston was equal to a double pump every one knows that"
Fab from Majestics told you were crazy.......than another one of your camp mentioned it again yesterday and was going to post a poll... so I just asked here.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
I deal with that all the time, most on the west coast are using piston gates.
But ,when they lose it's becomes an issue....at some of YOUNG HOGGS hops he would even announce it before the hop....''THIS CAR HAS PISTON GATES'' Like it was the reason this car would do good.....

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Oct 20 2006, 06:54 AM~6406365
I deal with that all the time, most on the west coast are using piston gates.
But ,when they lose it's becomes an issue....at some of YOUNG HOGGS hops he would even announce it before the hop....''THIS CAR HAS PISTON GATES'' Like it was the reason this car would do good.....
I mean if the pistons were such an issue why would they not just buy some of thier own?......
:dunno:

·
Registered
899 Posts
single is a single.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts