LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went through the "whole clean the check valves out thing" and it still dumps with the valve shut. it almost sounds as if the motor or the pump head is turning backwards, but not by motor force, by pressure from the fluid. should i take the check valves out and clean them again. there was nothing in them to begin with.

my second question is:
would it make any difference if the power wire from the switch box was hooked up to 12 volts instead of 24? i put it on 24 volts and it doesnt work. i think that might have been to the ground on the second batt. it has to go on the + of the second batt right?
thanks for any helpful replys.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yes the positive on the second battery, and your dump may be stuck open, like its gettign constant force, try replacing o-rings, or get a new check valve :cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bad thing about it is that i just got a new set up.
when i sprayed gumout in the check valve, nothing leaked. they say that if you was to close the slow down valve and it still drops, then its your check valves, or something could be holding them open a bit. after i cleaned them it got better, but now its bad again. oh well, thanks for the help. ive only charged the batts twice.ive got 24 volts on a 2 pump 4 dump kit, on a 83 caprice. so they havent been used much.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are any other company's check valves better than another company's.
im really gettin tried of the check valves that i got with my showtime kit. im really close to selling the shit and tring a pro hopper setup.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by liquid_202mo@Oct 6 2003, 10:47 AM
are any other company's check valves better than another company's.
im really gettin tried of the check valves that i got with my showtime kit. im really close to selling the shit and tring a pro hopper setup.
parker check valves ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts