LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have 3 different rockford fosgate subs. 1 10" Rockford fosgate power hx2 1000 watts rms , 1 10" rf punch 400 watts max, and 1 10" rf punch 400 watts max 2. Some guy at the audio store told me that if I were to put them together that they would be off beat and cancel out each other. I never heard of anything like this. I have got another question. I am gonna be making my own sub enclosure. What type of enclosure would be best for hard hitting bass? Should I make the 2 10 inch rf 400 watt subs in a sealed enclosure, and the monster hx2 in a bandpass enclosure? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
807 Posts
Generally speaking (99.999999% of the time) using different model subs or different sized subs together in the same install will yeild very poor performance.

You are better off sticking with just the pair of rf punches (are they the same model?) If not, just use the single power hx2. AS far as what enclosure is best, depends on what you are looking for, how much space you have, and the power applied.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it. I have plenty of space I have the whole back of my s-10 blazer to use. The punches are diffent subs. Alls I need is something to play hip hop and hit hella hard. I like bandpass boxes cuase the one I had seemed to make the sub hit almost twice as hard. What do you think? Thanks, Chris

Last edited by /\Chris/\ at Jan 9 2004, 06:59 PM

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were to put all tens in their own enclosure will it still lead to poor performance? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How if I were to buy a sub that is the same as one of the smaller 10's, and put it im my kick panels up front? Or will I still need the same subs all around?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeremy? If the rockford fosgate 200 watt rms subs were used in their own sub enclosures will it still lead to poor performance? So stick with the same subs? Thanks, Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts