LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i put the front wheels on the regal i couldn't get them to tuck with butterflying them, which i like how they look on it anyway, but i didn't pay close enough attension and now the crossmember is barely 1/32 of an inch from touching the ground

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Jan 18 2004, 03:56 PM
i didn't pay close enough attension and now the crossmember is barely 1/32 of an inch from touching the ground
lol, thats how i have some of mine..... so low that you can barely slide a sheet of paper under the car but it's high enough that it can still roll :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i picked it at the local Hobbytown USA, but you can still find them in Michaels Crafts and Walmart. To make the hood accurate i cut out the scoop, but not flush with the hood. i used a dremmel to remove the excess plastic till the hood was flush and glued in a piece of .060 styrene in the hole, body puttyed and sanded. still needs a little touch ups in a few spots.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
What a Coincedence. I just built a vert elco hopper that looks almost exactly like theone you got cause all I have now is the silver flak basecoat with no kandy yet! Man, I thought I was doing something different. :( Good models though! Love the 70!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Mike. actually, the vert elco was the result of my dremel pulling an exorsist move and spinning around and nearly cutting the roof in half. still needs a lot of work. i just got done shaving the door handles/locks, rear tag opening and smoothing out the peice i filled in behing the seats.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Jan 26 2004, 04:15 AM
thanks Mike. actually, the vert elco was the result of my dremel pulling an exorsist move and spinning around and nearly cutting the roof in half. still needs a lot of work. i just got done shaving the door handles/locks, rear tag opening and smoothing out the peice i filled in behing the seats.
I've also shaved everything and you know the license plate box that comes with the kit? Well I filled in the old hole with bondo and I cut another crooked hole so It looks like I have one of those mini trucker tail gates. I also had to fill in behing the interior pand a little but it looks good now. Now all I need is some wheels and something to resemble an intercooler for the turbo that comes with it. I figured I'd hop it on the hopper chassis but when I'm not hoppin I'll use a built chassis to show it. :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts