LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im bagging my 85 Brougham and have a few questions about bag cups. I dont want the car to lay in the front, in fact I want the front to sit up at about the hight of my other coupe that has hydraulics (the one in my avitar).

Are there any pre-made bag cups that will make that possible? Id also like the front cups to be offset so I can get more lift on less pressure, can anyone make me a set, or PM me some info on making some?

What are the best axle brackets to use in the rear? I want the back to sit pretty low. Finally, I hear that if you want the best speed its not good to use manifold valves, or are there some good ones?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
26 veiws and no replies? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
I'm the 32nd now. I would have said someting ealier but there was that sever busy window and I didn't feel ike timing it or anything.

I'm not sure about the cups, I know you can make em yourself though if worse comes to worse. I would measure the springs (the stock ones). I did it the wrong way and measured with the bag instead. JoeBomber caught me on that one. Find out the diameter and from there you can get a tube (not sure what size, i.e. 1/4" thick, 5/16" thick, etc) cut that to your desired lengths. As for the mounting pieces, if you can make em as well. Or if not, you could always hit up AAC, FMK, SuicideDoors, etc for the mounting brackets and just weld the tube pieces you cut out to them.
As for the lift at a low pressure, I would get some slam RE7's. They are the most with both aspects or lift and drop (that's all I got so far, hit up Phatz, Simplicity, JoeBomber, Bizzy, Mark, Purple Haze for somemore info about this).

for the rear I don't know really, I think you have to use cups in the rear of your caddy too, but not sure, I'm really guessing so don't take my word for it.

As far as valves, speed is based on pressure, valve size (and some say valve placement), air line, and a bottle (from what I gathered).
Valves... Parker (I love em! sorry Joe :biggrin: ) SMC, Asco, GC, ODE, Airlift, Blitz Jr. (a.k.a. Danz Valve), find some of those in a high pressure rating (250 and up). Air line, I'm using 3/4" which Phatz said is overkill, but we all know what he did to the Ranger :cheesy: It's pretty fast, but in the front I'm not really happy. A lot of people are putting 2600 (or equlivant to it) up front now, a lot fo trimming must be done to the spring pocket for the bag to fit as well as not rub or anything, but is well worth it. Esp. since you got that big ass engine up there. Pop in some RE7's all round and you'll be fine. Run it at around I guess 180 to 250, should be good.

Bottle? for when you get bored and want to hop I guess. I seen on this YouTube page that some dude was doing it with a bottle, 1/2" single ports and at 250. So... my theory would be that if you RE7'd all round @250, you should get something off the ground.

Tank would be for playtime.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. As for the low pressure lift Im was already going to use some 2600s but by offseting the cups (lower mounting closer to the lower balljoint), i think it will multipy the force created by the bags, therefore giving a faster lift. I know it works for cars with hydraulics. I just dont know if by moving the bag mounting points will the angle of the bag cause a problem.

Also if I use tall enough cups with the 2600 bags will I have to still notch the frame?
I think Im gonna go with 5/8 plumbing on the whole system, and an EDC. I want to run a bottle, but cant I get 250 psi out the EDC and maybe 2 vivair 450s? If I run a bottle I would want to run it at around 400psi.

I know the stuff about the offset bag cups might not be something that people want to share, after all it tookalot of work for the ones who know to figure it out. I really just want to know if Im going in the right direction. Im only trying to match what a 2 pump 6 battery hydrualic set-up can do as far as hopping, shit 15 inches will really turn some heads around here.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Pmd phatz twice, no answer :confused:

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
i hate the fact that my front sits lower then the back. I hate the way the back of my caddy is done. You have to twist the cup into place with the bag attached. then bolt the bottom of the bag to the bottom brackets. I had the airlifts(stay away) and at 175 psi i could actually roll under my car and out the other side. I have to have my front at like 90- 100psi to even drive and even then i hit my xmember on stuff. dunno if that really helps any but now you know how mines done

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by hearseballa@Sep 14 2006, 07:17 PM~6175719
i hate the fact that my front sits lower then the back.  I hate the way the back of my caddy is done. You have to twist the cup into place with the bag attached. then bolt the bottom of the bag to the bottom brackets. I had the airlifts(stay away) and at 175 psi i could actually roll under my car and out the other side. I have to have my front at like 90- 100psi to even drive and even then i hit my xmember on stuff. dunno if that really helps any but now you know how mines done
what bags are you using up front? You are still using 13 inch bags out back right?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by hearseballa@Sep 14 2006, 08:45 PM~6176340
i still have the airlifts up front. and ya the 13's in the back. I had to extend my rear cups about a inch because the 13's have a smaller diamtere plate the the airlifts. so my air life fittings were hitting the nipple my cup screwed into
What size are the airlifts?

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Sep 14 2006, 07:02 PM~6175641
I Pmd phatz twice, no answer :confused:
he's probably in the back of his shop fixing something.

if your just wanting to hop then I would also think about having your cups bolt to the pocket and lower a-arm with some limiters on there so you don't over extend the bags.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by foey@Sep 18 2006, 12:41 AM~6194758
he's probably in the back of his shop fixing something.

if your just wanting to hop then I would also think about having your cups bolt to the pocket and lower a-arm with some limiters on there so you don't over extend the bags.
I think Im gonna use chains, but my cups are going to be so tall that I wont be even using all of the bag

·
Registered
342 Posts
I made my own cups and its perfect same thing for the rear bracket

the resultat is sick !

ths car lay down on the frame for show

1 - 15 of 15 Posts