LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what would you guy's say if I told you that you could run a constant 350 to 500psi with one single compressor and no Nitrogen or anything as such.

Using any of these compressors:
[*]Thomas/Firestone 1/5HP
[*]Viair 350C 100% Duty
[*]Viair 450C 100% Duty

Let me add... No nitrogen or any engine driven compressors.

Did I get anyones attention?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 21 2003, 12:38 AM
pressures dont impress me unless it has quick recovery...
Recovery time should be around 30 seconds for a 6 to 9 gallon tank. I don't think that's too bad for 350 or 500 psi. Am I getting anyone interested?

P.S. Keep the questions coming...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 21 2003, 01:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 21 2003, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Envious [email protected] 21 2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by -Envious [email protected] 21 2003, 10:45 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Oct 21 2003, 12:38 AM
pressures dont impress me unless it has quick recovery...

Recovery time should be around 30 seconds for a 6 to 9 gallon tank. I don't think that's too bad for 350 or 500 psi. Am I getting anyone interested?

P.S. Keep the questions coming...

216RIDER,

So what do you think about the recovery time?
hey, i also read that your car has "large air bags" on it... lol

that article was written when bags were just coming out huh?[/b][/quote]

Actually yes that article is quite old, it was shot in 1998 and appeared in the April 2000 issue of Low Rider Magazine. For many of you Low Rider Magazine readers you'll know that two of our cars pioneered what air bags are today, especially in California... We weren’t the first shop doing bags but we were the first shop doing what is now known as "fast bags". Our most popular vehicle, "The Antifluid" was the first bagged vehicle to get setup of the month in the July 1999 issue of Low Rider Magazine. That same vehicle was also the first vehicle to do a three wheel on air while driving.

We started doing air bag setups in 1997; in 2001 we took a break from doing bags due to boredom. In early 2003 I got the bag-bug again and decided to look for something new...

Well I found it, I hope... The unit I've been talking about is ready for testing and will be installed in one of our shop vehicles in late November or early December. If it lives up too all of its potential it will be available for sale by the end of December 2003.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 21 2003, 01:32 PM
I'd say it unbelieveable, and that you should send me a sample compressor for a full unbiased evaluation!   :biggrin:
Believe it! I will be taking the vehicle out to prove itself in early to mid December. I also picked a heavy 1963 Cadillac to be the test vehicle... I'm looking for some feedback from everyone, I want so see what people think about this new product and how it can help us all.

To all: Ask all the questions you want...

P.S. 216RIDER The air bag setup on your Impala is clean! It’s rare that people take the time to make their bag setups look attractive... Thumbs up!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 21 2003, 02:01 PM
do you do something to the diaphram or extra check valves or something i know you cannot cget a compressor to do that stock by it lonsomeself

i use a jun-air compresser sonds like the same results but to 250 p.s.i.
We don't modify the compressor at all; the unit is self-standing. This is why you can use anyone of those compressors that I mentioned in my first post. Actually you can use ANY compressor that puts out 125psi or more, volume really doesn’t matter.

Keep the questions coming everyone...

P.S. oh... and guys can you all stop the debate; we all need to work together!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 21 2003, 04:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 21 2003, 04:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Envious [email protected] 21 2003, 05:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Oct 21 2003, 02:01 PM
do you do something to the diaphram or extra check valves or something i know you cannot cget a compressor to do that stock by it lonsomeself

i use a jun-air compresser sonds like the same results but to 250 p.s.i.

We don't modify the compressor at all; the unit is self-standing. This is why you can use anyone of those compressors that I mentioned in my first post. Actually you can use ANY compressor that puts out 125psi or more, volume really doesn’t matter.

Keep the questions coming everyone...

P.S. oh... and guys can you all stop the debate; we all need to work together!
I know it has to be some sort of pressure intensification set-up, where the compressor is fed pressurized air instead of atmospheric air pressure... but I would think the comp would need some mods to be capable of seeinf that pressure without blowing a cylinder..

but you indeed have me thinking![/b][/quote]
Actually this unit does not affect the compressors operation nor does it change the way the compressor receives air. The compressor is only used as a partial air source.

I know this might be a stupid question but; do you think it's something you guys could use? :biggrin:

P.S. Come on guys, please stop the debating!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Oct 22 2003, 12:08 AM
bout that compressior how big is it gonna be,how much,how many amps does it pull,how big is the port on itand what finish'es will it come in?i got a real fast bag setup 3/4 inch everything and want more press

so if u could hit me up i want one
1. It's not a compressor; it will work with your current compressor. Only one compressor will be needed for entire system.

2. It's not too big and its pretty light for its size, it's mainly made out of lightweight metals.

3. Prices are not set yet, but I can tell you that it's much cheaper than the equipment it will be replacing (i.e. multiple compressors, nitrogen tanks that need to be refilled and multiple batteries).

4. Here is the greatest part... it uses no electricity... at all! You see, no more extra batteries or having to worry about running down your car battery with the use of multiple compressors.

5. Port size will vary dependant on the particular unit 1/2" or 3/4". But remember our current compressors don't have large ports either.

6. We haven't decided weather the unit will be polished or in its bare form, most likely the first units will be in raw metal form (not polished or chromed).

7. The unit will be available for purchase in late December 2003. I have one unit for testing right now and will be taking it to local events in late November or early December.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by CORE+Oct 22 2003, 04:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CORE @ Oct 22 2003, 04:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Envious Touch@Oct 21 2003, 12:58 AM
Hey, what would you guy's say if I told you that you could run a constant 350 to 500psi with one single compressor and no Nitrogen or anything as such.

Using any of these compressors:
[*]Thomas/Firestone 1/5HP
[*]Viair 350C 100% Duty
[*]Viair 450C 100% Duty

Let me add... No nitrogen or any engine driven compressors.

Did I get anyones attention?
this could be usefull lol
all i run is nitrogen with a backup 315 thomas not real light on my wallet[/b][/quote]
I couldn't have phrased it any better...

That is the main reason for this unit... I was tired of constantly having to take my Nitrogen Tank or Tanks out to have them refilled. For one if you have a full show setup like the ones we build at Envious Touch Auto Customizing, you have to be careful when removing your tanks not to scratch, break or ding anything. If your Nitrogen tanks are painted you then have to worry that the guy refilling them don't scratch or chip them. Not to mention that they are dangerous to be carrying around in your car. Finally have you ever been on the street or at a show and see that opportunity to clown someone (I mean really humiliate them, you know just make them cry!) only to realize or remember that you don't have any more nitrogen.

Well you'll never have to worry any more...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by CORE@Oct 22 2003, 03:43 AM
i loved "the antifluid" and wanted one like it  ;)
Thanks CORE,

I'll try and post some pic's of her later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 22 2003, 03:53 PM
i'ma stop by the shop i live right on santa gertrudes i'ms check this out
Joe,

Feel free to stop by the shop, but don't expect to see this unit at the shop until late November or early December. I build all my TOP SECRET projects far from everyone’s eyes. I will announce when I will be unveiling the unit and where everyone can come and see it in action. I'll probably be taking it to local shows and swap meets like Pomona.

If I'm not at the shop when you come by talk to Richard. By the way everyone my name is Nicky.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ENVIOUS,ur gonna have to post some pix dog im in the dirty south ,and as soon as it hit's the market hit me up im gettin one!!!
and can u atleast give me a round about size so i know what im workin wit cuz my Dime is goin under the knife for the body drop and extra shavin

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch+Oct 22 2003, 03:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Envious Touch @ Oct 22 2003, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Oct 22 2003, 03:53 PM
i'ma stop by the shop i live right on santa gertrudes i'ms check this out
Joe,

Feel free to stop by the shop, but don't expect to see this unit at the shop until late November or early December. I build all my TOP SECRET projects far from everyone’s eyes. I will announce when I will be unveiling the unit and where everyone can come and see it in action. I'll probably be taking it to local shows and swap meets like Pomona.

If I'm not at the shop when you come by talk to Richard. By the way everyone my name is Nicky.[/b][/quote]
hook me up with a job at the shop

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Oct 22 2003, 04:43 PM
ENVIOUS,ur gonna have to post some pix dog im in the dirty south ,and as soon as it hit's the market hit me up im gettin one!!!
and can u atleast give me a round about size so i know what im workin wit cuz my Dime is goin under the knife for the body drop and extra shavin
I'll post pictures and videos once the unit is ready for distribution. As far as size goes there will be more that one model and the sizes vary dramatically between models. The one that will be most popular is about the size of a Group 31 battery...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry Joe, no jobs right now. ;)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller@Oct 22 2003, 09:43 PM
Still not interested i'll run juice anyday :angry:
yeah yeah yeah, save your juice for the hydraulics forum, this is a air forum thanks

1 - 20 of 195 Posts