LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 Cutty 307 V-8....this guy has the car I've been trying to get, he wanted $1100 for it....definitely worth $1000.... I passed tho, now he wants to sell it to me for $500-$700 the reason he dropped the price is "the push rod keeps tapping"

anyone here know about this....he said its a cheap part.....but how easy is it to fix? and could there be other problems as a result of this? :confused:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
to get to the pushrods all you have to do is take the valve cover off. and they are easily replaced, and cheap-$1-$2 each.
the problem is more likely why does it keep happening?could be a bad lifter, cam going flat, rocker arm nut coming lose,ect... so basiclly what im say'n is it could be a $4-pop the valve cover fix or
a $150 take the whole damn thing apart fix :cool:

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Like he said--------------------^^

Could be nothing though, and could be an engine rebuild. If the body/interior is nice enough its worth the price regardless.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 13 2003, 09:47 AM
Like he said--------------------^^

Could be nothing though, and could be an engine rebuild. If the body/interior is nice enough its worth the price regardless.
Yo you guys THANKS ALOT... YOU BASICALLY ANSWERED MY QUESTION....now for part two.....

They Cutty I got now is the one I always wanted, white 88' euro, floor shift, blue buckets, white GT....but..... I smacked her up. I'm going to school for autobody this Sept.....I Seriously wanna BUILD my own LOW, but I got NO Experience whatsoever.... Should I keep it or sell it. It need some thangs, exhaust, coils and some engine work, carb, exhaust manifold, body and paint...... My thing is that how alot people find a car and the go from scratch, so thats why I wanna keep it, but don't have a spot to store it, that why I wanna sell it! I really wanna build a low but noboy in RI I know..(yet)... can do it. Help me out! For Real!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts