LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you lift a convertible, were do the rear cylinders go when you dump thr back with the top down? Do you just not dump the rear when the tops back?

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
The cylinders remain up in the rear deck at the same level whether the car is up or down in the back. With a convertible you really can't have as long of cylinder in the back and have the car buried down. You will probably be looking at a 10-12" cylinder with coil over in the rear.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is coil over setup? I had a 63' with lifts and when the rear was dumped, the cyl. stuck throw in the trunk a lot and they were 10" cyl.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm asking this ? is cause I have Air Bags right now and I"m thinking about going with Hydros instead.

Last edited by gcareaga at Jan 10 2004, 01:47 AM

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Instead of the cylinder sitting on top of the coil.....you have a reversed cup that is drilled out and mounts around the cylinder. Then the coil sits on this and is actually around the cylinder. It can drop your cylinders down 4-6 inches with a normal low stack of coils.

check this link out:
http://www.layitlow.com/tech/suspension_ch...ainbridge.shtml

Don't mind the chain bridge part. ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So does the top cup rest against the frame and when the cyl. extends it lifts the car up. So the cyl. doesnt even go in the trunk or what. Thanks for the help Bro.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
No, the cup does not rest against the frame. The coil is between the cup and the frame....that is what lowers the cylinder down out of the rear deck.

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by gcareaga@Jan 10 2004, 01:45 AM
Thanks Bro, I get it now.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question. Do you still have to cut a hole in the truck for the cylinders to go up in?

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
yes, most definitely. And you will want the hole bigger then normal because the cylinder will now have up and down movement within the frame. You don't want a squeak. We actually but a 3 1/2 tube in the frame to hold the coil and cylinder centered. Its is also a good idea to have a plate around the tube so that the coil does not eat through the factory spring cradle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts