LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like my motor is still spining for a split second after i let go of the switch when charged . This is my first piston pump only does it sometimes but seems to hop better when it does . I think the piston is not working .How hard is it supposed to be to get the piston in the tank .

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Originally posted by 60belair@Sep 23 2007, 05:48 PM~8854435
It sounds like my motor is still spining for a split second after i let go of the switch when charged . This is my first piston pump only does it sometimes  but seems to hop better when it does . I think the piston is not working .How hard is it supposed to be to get the piston in the tank.
What do you mean?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if the motor is stayin on for any amount of time after u have left go of the switch, u have a bad solenoid thats partially sticking open. definately check the noids. what piston do u have, how many batteries are u runnin to it and how many noids?

·
Registered
532 Posts
i had same problem put a check valve on return line will stop the backspinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the noids are new . i am running 6 batt to the front 3 noids with a check v on the return. Not saying it is the motor for sure but it sounds funny . Someone told me that the piston is working its probably the pressure returnig to the tankbut not sure never had a piston before.And its a showtime piston it was tough to get it in the tank i lubed it to had to hit it with the back part of the hammer so i wont damage it that shit was tight .

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Originally posted by 60belair@Sep 24 2007, 07:09 PM~8862494
all the noids are new . i am running 6 batt to the front 3 noids with a check v on the return. Not saying it is the motor for sure but it sounds funny . Someone told me that the  piston is working its probably the pressure returnig to the tankbut not sure never had a piston before.And its a showtime piston it was tough to get it in the tank i lubed it to had to hit it with the back part of the hammer so i wont damage it that shit was tight .
oh dats normal there supposed to fit in tight like that so they can hold da pressure in da back part of the tank which is wut pushes the piston forward to give you that extra boost. as for the problem your having it's pretty hard to say since we can't hear it.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i also had a showtime piston pump and it was also a bitch to get the piston inside the tank. but i didnt have a problem with the motor staying on until i ran 6 batteries and was using a prohopper heavy duty solenoid. it coudnt handle more than 4 batteries so it was stayin open. u might want to add another solenoid to make it 4. or use the 3 u got as a breaker inbetween batteries 4&5. the return line isnt gonna make ur gear box spin when the pressure returns. we run the check vavle on the return line so that the pressure doesnt get back to the dump itself. if the gear box is spining a second after u left off the switch its becuz the motor itself has stayed on after u let off the switch.

·
Registered
532 Posts
well i guess nobody listens i had a show time piston and its backspinning put a check valve on the return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
it would back spin if he dumped the car thats the back pressure, but its when he hits the switch. which leads me to think the motor is stayin on itself from the noids not closing right away

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Originally posted by MERCILESS CAR CLUB@Sep 25 2007, 04:22 PM~8867610
well i guess nobody listens i had a show time piston and  its backspinning put a check valve on the return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditto...works better that way..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already moved the noids between 5 6 batt noise stop . Thanxs for all replies can only clear 30 to31 inchs any advice which is not bad but not great .

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Originally posted by 60belair@Sep 25 2007, 08:04 PM~8870368
I already moved  the noids between 5 6 batt  noise stop . Thanxs for all replies can only clear 30 to31 inchs any advice which is not bad but not great .
what gear size and what do you have the piston pump charged at?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
the other variables on ur hop are gonna be timing of the switch, coils u r running, if its a full stack or cut, and the pressure ur running and if ur using air or nitrogen

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excuse my typing computer is fucking up got to make this quick . My belly is boxed sides are done top of the spring pockets bottom arms are lowered and plated the back is plated 2 sided chain bridge raised 4inches . #9 marz charged 100psi air for got my nitr bottle need to set up my regulator 1/2 inch plumping with3/8 lines y at the pump 8 in the front 14 in the back brand new 3 ton almost full stack 1 turn cut to fit in look a little weak already broke in . any advice im not the best but am pretty good on the switch and 10 batt 6 to the front 4 to the back

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Originally posted by 60belair@Sep 26 2007, 07:00 PM~8877114
is there a diffrence on nitro and air at the same psi
yes a very noticable difference. i'd start by using nitrogen first it'll help u out quite a bit.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by 01lowlow@Sep 26 2007, 11:25 PM~8878848
yes a very noticable difference. i'd start by using nitrogen first it'll help u out quite a bit.
this is something i have a hard time believing, i always thought psi was psi, so whats the difference between 140 psi nitrogen and 140 psi air??????

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
psi is psi but ur can condense more nitrogen into the same space that air would occupy. air in ur piston tank will cause the cast iron to rust though. thats another reason why we run nitrogen besides the performance

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know 30 is ok but some of these guys are hitting up to 38 or so off 6 batt .Im trying to figure it out . What about if i move the chains instead of like this / \ I can put them from the rearend to the frame torward the back at a angle . I wonder if that would help any. And about my 3 1/4 tons they look to weak thinking about putting 4 1/2 what do you all think .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts