LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
pre cuts are more than enough about 5 turns or CCE has these new lower coil over cups that sit over the powerballs that will add about two more turns but i havnt used them so i dont know the ends and outs :cool:

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Originally posted by villen92@Sep 6 2006, 04:19 PM~6118560
pre cuts are more than enough about 5 turns or CCE has these new lower coil over cups that sit over the powerballs that will add about two more turns but i havnt used them so i dont know the ends and outs :cool:
aight thnaks hommie

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by EL_PASO@Sep 6 2006, 08:16 PM~6118540
I am gonea run my front factory coils on the back. if i run a full stack will it sit to high? how many turns should i go?
that explains why they fit the 6 inch channel

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Sep 5 2006, 11:40 PM~6113565
if you are talking about the brackets that clamp to the leaf spring and the cylinder mounts too, kiss those leafs goodbye, they are gonna snap in a short period of time.
they basically do the same thing to the leaf spring, as taking a paper clip and bending it until it snaps. TRUST ME, I tried to tell that to a guy 10 years ago, he didnt listen,

not to be an ass but 4x4 trucks with the same rear leaves as my truck and 300,000 miles, have not broke.The factory designed them... they dont break. Why would hydros add to the equation be any different.

Is it because people are putting alot of pressure on the mono leaves and straightening them out? is it from mounting the cylinders (the weight of the back of the truck) soley on the leafe springs? or is it from doing big side moves and trying to twist the leaves?

Just curious,but I'll tell you one thing though, I took out my side to side switches after I did mine on the monoleaves.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Sep 8 2006, 08:01 PM~6134107
not to be an ass but 4x4 trucks with the same rear leaves as my truck and 300,000 miles,  have not broke.The factory designed them... they dont break. Why would hydros add to the equation be any different.

Is it because people are putting alot of pressure on the mono leaves and straightening them out? is it from mounting the cylinders (the weight of the back of the truck) soley on the leafe springs?  or is it from doing big side moves and trying to twist the leaves?

Just curious,but I'll tell you one thing though, I took out my side to side switches after I did mine on the monoleaves.
They break I have seen it happen 3 times.

G

·
Originally posted by AndrewH@Sep 8 2006, 10:01 PM~6134107
not to be an ass but 4x4 trucks with the same rear leaves as my truck and 300,000 miles,  have not broke.The factory designed them... they dont break. Why would hydros add to the equation be any different.

you obviously didnt pay attention to what I said.

THE BRACKET THAT THE CYLINDER BOLTS TO IS WHAT CAUSES THE LEAFS TO BREAK. GO LOOK AT THE BRACKET HE POSTED A LINK TO, THAT BRACKET CAUSES UN-NATURAL STRESS ON THE LEAFS.

HYDRAULICS DONT BREAKS LEAF SPRINGS, I NEVER SAID THAT, I SAID THE BRACKET CAUSES THE LEAF SPRINGS TO BEND IN AN UN-NATURAL ANGLE.

I know your not being an ass, but I am being an ass because there is no need to post anything unless you have fully read and understood the statement you are quoting.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.