SPS-080A 3 1/2 - Alipne
SPR-134A 5 1/4 - Alpine
SPS-1015 3/4 tweets (2 sets) - Alpine
JL 300.4
JL 500.1
JL w7 8 (2)
Lightning audio 1.0 cap
Lightning audio wires

so do what do you guys think ?? can i do better for less money or?? just wanting to see some opinions about it

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is about 3600 and once i build the speker pods and make the boxes do all the fiberglassing then i will have about 4500 in it

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already bought the JL 8's and the 500.1 they had a deal going buy one sub get the other half off and i could not pass up saveing 200 bucks

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
yeah man go for it if thats what you want and dont mind spending that much, if anything just look around for stuff thats used but in like new condition and get some deals, good luck with it homie

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man i will post some pics once it is all in it will be awahile through i still have alot to do befor i start to do the inside of my cutt :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i thought the same thing like damn that is alot off money but i hurd one 8 on a 250x1 and it sounded clean and it took up very little space so 2 8's will sound very well for sound :biggrin:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Worth it for the sound, but definitely not worth it for the money. That money could have be invested much more wisely into a small box 12 or 15 inch driver.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Sep 30 2003, 10:22 PM
CDC-7995 - Alpine haed unit
10" stand mount tv - Alpine
7" visor tv(2) - Alpine
SPR-176A componet sets  (3 sets) - Alpine
SPS-080A 3 1/2  - Alipne
SPR-134A 5 1/4 - Alpine
SPS-1015 3/4 tweets (2 sets) - Alpine
JL 300.4
JL 500.1
JL w7 8 (2)
Lightning audio 1.0 cap
Lightning audio wires

so do what do you guys think ?? can i do better for less money or?? just wanting to see some opinions about it
Not hatt'n but what are you putting this in, a tour bus. You got 3 sets of 6 1/2 driver, a set of 5 1/4 driver, all together you got 10 tweeters, and 3 1/2. That is alot of speakers.

Each one of those component sets have 2 tweeters, so that makes 6 Tweeters, plus you are going with 2 more sets for a grand total of 10 tweetrs. You could save a whole bunch of money, and if you have not already bought all that shit I could probably hook you up with a comparable system for about $1000.00 less.
If you got the room on www.onlinecarstereo.com
Image Dynamics Mini horns- $225.00
Diamond Audio 6 1/2 Hex set - $359.00
Either Diamond or the Alpine 175a- $190 Max
Then you can go from there.
You can power you mini horns with the front stage of you 300.4, then power your 6 1/2 Diamond Audio's with the rear stage of your 300.4, and use the Diamond Audio's rear fill to power the other set of speakers, with Diamond Audio you can basically power 6 speakers from one channel of you amplifier. You don't need all the rest of that extra crap, take the extra money and invest in a good EQ, Audio Control comes to mind.
Drop me a PM if you need any other help.

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy66 at Oct 3 2003, 05:21 AM

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Oct 3 2003, 02:09 AM
Worth it for the sound, but definitely not worth it for the money. That money could have be invested much more wisely into a small box 12 or 15 inch driver.
a 15" will not fit in the trunk after all the pumps and batteries..And those 2 8"s will beat harder than just 1 12"....Believe me those JL's BEAT!!!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have not bought any thing yet but the jl's and the amp and yes i have went over many options on what to put in to it from one 10 to one 12 and so on i went to buy one 10 and the 500.1 but when they told me the deal they were haveing i was like pay 550 for ione 10 or get two 8's for 50 more and they will be louder and sound better i wont have to play it as loud and max the sub out to get the same sound :biggrin:

one the mid and high thing i have went over may options on this also i went with all of the obove because , well no real reson just because i want it tweeting so loud you can not set in it with it up :biggrin: i have takin some things off since i posted this

the 5 1/4 and the 2 sets of extra tweets are not going in this way i will have 6 mid bass 6 tweet and the 3 1/2 in the dash
i can run all of the componet sets off of the amp and the 3 1/2 's off of the head unit i dont really know yet like i said this is just kinda something i have been thinking about and i like the input every one is giveing me i might pm you to talk about the mids and highs the only thing i am for sure on it that i want to be able to shut the subs off and it still sound good and have alot of mid bass in it :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts