LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much cylinder travel should I expect when I mount some accumies on the rear? I am wondering for two reasons: 1. I love riding low and don't wanna lift the ass more than i need to. and 2. I am worried about damage to the cylinder if it bottoms out (if that's possible?).

thanks for any help, I am trying to decide shocks or accumulators!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what I mean is, I know accumulators basically turn your cylinder into a shock, but how much will the rod in the hydro cylinder travel up and down when hitting bumps so I know how much I would need to lift for a descent ride?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
depends on how much pressure you put in them and how big of a bump you hit. Some combos of diffeent companies components will let the cylinders bottom out, the fitting will hit the piston head. with accumes there no solid support to hold against the weight of the car when its lowered, that could be a problem, so I'd make sure the cup hits the cylinder collar before the piston bottoms out in the casing, and run as much coil as you can under your accum so you have some suspension when riding dumped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.