LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey if i get this accumlator kit can i throw away the dumps and throw in slowdown valves to turn the accumlator manually off and on.

If so would i need to get a new special accumlator fitting since i'm throwing in Slowdown and not using the dumps???

heres the link:http://www.prohopper.com/accum4pc.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump anyone else, why won't this work i would like to know, why can't i throw the dumps away and throw in Slowdown Valve to turn them on and off Manually? :uh:

I have no problem gettig 4 accumlator and 4 slowdown valve hey it will be cheaper lol... :cool:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
you don't need the kit,

run piston type shut-offs and do it manually.

:),

cc

·
Registered
132 Posts
shut offs make your system faster as they 'shut off' the accumulators so your system is just pumps and rams...... ie very quick, good for off-road/ parked up not good for driving ie, no suspension............. works well if you get the pressure correct.

;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah.......... will be nice and smooth, but adding shut-offs gives you that bit extra when showing off............... ive got electric shut-offs, simple on/off switch on switch box, saves getting out the car and manually doing it, basically a solenoid shut-off.

............ but yeah should be good, Im assuming your gonna run one for each ram......???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Originally posted by Rudey UK@Oct 21 2003, 06:28 AM
yeah.......... will be nice and smooth, but adding shut-offs gives you that bit extra when showing off............... ive got electric shut-offs, simple on/off switch on switch box, saves getting out the car and manually doing it, basically a solenoid shut-off.

............ but yeah should be good, Im assuming your gonna run one for each ram......???
yeah bro
one for each cylinder
i chose to do just the rear not only to save loot, but the front doesn't seem to ride too bad... the back is what bounces all over the place lol
i'll let ya know how it works out once i get them on
i gotta get some fittings and then i'll be ready
thanks for your info, though
peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts