LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Nov 16 2003, 01:35 AM
hey guys
i got my accumulators on and need to add some shutoffs for when i want to school all the ricers in my area.... lol
anybody got some or know where i could get them?
i only need 2
holla if you got the 411 on these things
peace
A little tip, go will ball valves. Parker makes some high psi ones that works great. Ya dont have to sit there cranking em in and out, just a simple flip of the handle and you are on the way, thats what I use on my car.

P

·
0 Posts
Dude Just use a slowdown valve, although the bad part is your gonna have to get your lazy ass out the car and turn them shit off

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Originally posted by PCHACKER@Nov 16 2003, 10:01 AM
Dude Just use a slowdown valve, although the bad part is your gonna have to get your lazy ass out the car and turn them shit off
slowdown valve wont work, you'll need what Caddi Bob suggested. I'm running one of those in our cutlass. to shut off flow to one cylinder so we can three wheel ;)

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob+Nov 16 2003, 06:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cadillac Bob @ Nov 16 2003, 06:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cceregalboy@Nov 16 2003, 01:35 AM
hey guys
i got my accumulators on and need to add some shutoffs for when i want to school all the ricers in my area....  lol
i only need 2
peace
A little tip, go will ball valves. Parker makes some high psi ones that works great. Ya dont have to sit there cranking em in and out, just a simple flip of the handle and you are on the way, thats what I use on my car.[/b][/quote]
This is right it is what my homeboy uses.

P

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Nov 16 2003, 09:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Nov 16 2003, 09:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PCHACKER@Nov 16 2003, 10:01 AM
slowdown valve wont work, you'll need what Caddi Bob suggested. I'm running one of those in our cutlass. to shut off flow to one cylinder so we can three wheel ;)[/b][/quote]
oh really gee i wonder why in layitlow tech theres a pic of an accumlator using slowdown valve to turn the acc off :uh:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Nov 16 2003, 11:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Nov 16 2003, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PCHACKER@Nov 16 2003, 10:42 AM

oh really gee i wonder why in layitlow tech theres a pic of an accumlator using slowdown valve to turn the acc off  :uh:
okay go ahead and try it :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
a slowdown valve will work. The owner of a ride I juiced in 2000 wanted slowdowns installed on the accums, too cheap to do it the right way, but they did work just fine, and they were the same little $5 shitty 3/8 ones also :angry:

i would not use them on my own setup, but they worked fine on that setup. dude didn't hop when it was tightened up, just wanted it too move faster. I WOULD NOT HOP ON THEM LITTLE SHITTY SLOWDOWNS, OR ANY SLOWDOWN :cool:

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 16 2003, 02:38 PM

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by PCHACKER+Nov 16 2003, 08:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PCHACKER @ Nov 16 2003, 08:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2003, 09:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--PCHACKER
@Nov 16 2003, 10:01 AM

slowdown valve wont work, you'll need what Caddi Bob suggested. I'm running one of those in our cutlass. to shut off flow to one cylinder so we can three wheel ;)
oh really gee i wonder why in layitlow tech theres a pic of an accumlator using slowdown valve to turn the acc off :uh:[/b][/quote]
oh my god... It's that juiced kid again... oh well, he thinks there is a slowdown being used like that, but he can't read a diagram... :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Nov 16 2003, 02:56 PM
oh my god... It's that juiced kid again... oh well, he thinks there is a slowdown being used like that, but he can't read a diagram... :uh: :uh:
HAHAHAHA, good point, i think it is the same kid. I just went and looked at the diagram and dude is an idiot whoever it is. needs to learn what he is looking at before he speaks, people like that is what fucks people up :angry:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]+Nov 16 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([email protected] @ Nov 16 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--vegashopper@Nov 16 2003, 02:56 PM
oh my god... It's that juiced kid again... oh well, he thinks there is a slowdown being used like that, but he can't read a diagram... :uh:  :uh:
HAHAHAHA, good point, i think it is the same kid. I just went and looked at the diagram and dude is an idiot whoever it is. needs to learn what he is looking at before he speaks, people like that is what fucks people up :angry:[/b][/quote]
it was him... I checked, he thinks he's a hacker, but he's too stupid to make up a new e-mail address, so it still says juicedkid/juicedsoon... he's so retarded... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I already had this arguement with him and he lost the first time he said use a slowdown because the diagram says so... :uh:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by PCHACKER@Nov 16 2003, 10:01 AM
hey, it's juicedin2years again...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Nov 16 2003, 01:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Nov 16 2003, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 16 2003, 09:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--PCHACKER
@Nov 16 2003, 10:01 AM

oh really gee i wonder why in layitlow tech theres a pic of an accumlator using slowdown valve to turn the acc off :uh:
oh my god... It's that juiced kid again... oh well, he thinks there is a slowdown being used like that, but he can't read a diagram... :uh: :uh:[/b][/quote]
oh, I'm late I see... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob+Nov 16 2003, 06:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cadillac Bob @ Nov 16 2003, 06:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cceregalboy@Nov 16 2003, 01:35 AM
hey guys
i got my accumulators on and need to add some shutoffs for when i want to school all the ricers in my area....  lol
i only need 2
peace
A little tip, go will ball valves. Parker makes some high psi ones that works great. Ya dont have to sit there cranking em in and out, just a simple flip of the handle and you are on the way, thats what I use on my car.[/b][/quote]
where can i get these and how muck do they cost?
i'll need whatever fittings involved too , by the way
thanx for any info you can hook me up with
peace

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Nov 16 2003, 08:37 PM
by the way,
i won't be hoppin on these cause they are for the rear of my car, so i could use the regular slowdowns too
are they just standard slowdowns like i have on my return lines?
holla cause i want to get something asap
peace
Yes, you could use regular slowdowns, its not that big of a deal to twist,twist,twist,twist,twist every time you want to open or twist,twist,twist,twist,twist, every time you want to close em :biggrin:

They will work just fine, they just arent as convienent as a ball valve which goes from 100% open to closed in a single 90 degree flip of a lever. Any store that sells commercial hydro fittings or valves should sell parker ball valves.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Nov 15 2003, 10:35 PM
hey guys
i only need 2
peace

Here you can hit the switch and the accumulator/s (liquid coil/s) close.

Using a real coil spring and cylinder, in place of the liquid coil, just might bring some surprising results.

Remember, you heard this first from Tony.

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 18 2003, 12:27 PM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts