LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I used italians for awhile as shutoffs on my car, but had problems with the normally open ones leaking. I switched to ball type valves and they work great. DONT use slowdown valves, they are a pain in the ass to sit there cranking 4 of em open and shut. With a ball valve its just a quick flip of the handle from open to close and they are much more convienent IMO.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Jan 4 2004, 09:42 PM
I used italians for awhile as shutoffs on my car, but had problems with the normally open ones leaking. I switched to ball type valves and they work great. DONT use slowdown valves, they are a pain in the ass to sit there cranking 4 of em open and shut. With a ball valve its just a quick flip of the handle from open to close and they are much more convienent IMO.
Yea the ball type "shut-off" valves would work best. One turn off one turn on. Easiest and cheapest way. But if you only had slowdowns available to you it would work too.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
most "slowdows" are brass, and really are not rated to handle that kind of pressure!

it would probably be allright, but i would get steel valves to be safe.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
You can use the Parker MV slowdowns, the adjustment is like full open with one turn.

Also they are rated at like 5,000 PSI, Use a Delta three valve and pump it so the fluid is always flowing (like it was NO) then when you hit the switch, the port to the accumulator is then shut off and the valve opens.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Jan 4 2004, 07:42 PM
and where can i pick those up at?
do you know a hookup on them?
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts