LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been asked before, but here it is again. The ride on my 59 leaves a bit to be desired, so I am looking to get it a little more street worthy. 2 pumps, 4 batts, 2 ton springs. Also, what else is needed besides the actual accumulator? Where in line does it install? I have heard mixed opinions, some guys said they dont help at all, some say they make a world of difference. Do they come charged?

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
I got mine last week,and on the caddy they make it ride like stock suspension.But I need to put in shut-offs cause my car no longer three wheels like it used to.I installed mine right at the pump and only on the rear.If you want a plush ride go for it,you won't be disappointed.My only beef is it's a little too soft a ride,I miss the bounce,but I had to get mine because I live in the country and gravel roads are a bitch!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input man, they sound like the ticket. So yours rides pretty good with only rears?

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by 59Impala@Jul 24 2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the input man, they sound like the ticket.  So yours rides pretty good with only rears?
[snapback]3469024[/snapback]​
Yes,I asked a couple guys on here about it and they said to just start with the rears,and it worked out great.You will need some fittings though along with the accumulators,it all depends on where you mount them for what you'll need.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My main concern is getting the ride smoothed out, 3 wheel isnt as important. Just want to keep the car under control a little better and keep the stress down to a minimum. Whats the best brand? Pro hopper?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
pro hopper gives you everything you need - shut off's. they come pre charged, and you WILL love the ride!

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
They are parker accumulators that Pro-hopper sells,I don't know of any other brands out there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What do you guys think of using just accumulators? No coils? I read about some people doing this somewhere, but didnt know if it would be shitty or what.

·
Registered
161 Posts
well i ahd a set on my S-10 all the way around an i loved them. i think they are well worth the investment. my new S-10 is gonna have them as well.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by ExplicitDesignz@Jul 25 2005, 09:23 PM
So, in my 1990 Isuzu p/u, would you guys think it would ride okay with just some accumulators? Would I be able to hop some with just this?
[snapback]3478516[/snapback]​
You'll need shut-offs in order to clown!

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
cool if your want a good ride but they do take away from performance... and even if your adding shut offs your still detracting from performance a little with the extra fittings... not much though

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi american riders. :biggrin:

this is my first post. i live in tokyo japan.

it seems accumlator actually works from reading all these comments.
However mine do not.i dont know whats wrong wit mine.
:confused:
what would be the possible cause of not working right?
I paid money for them, i want them to work right. :angry:
appreciate helps from true riders. thanks

Attachments

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by mamorich@Jul 26 2005, 08:28 AM
hi american riders. :biggrin:

this is my first post. i live in tokyo japan.

it seems accumlator actually works from reading all these comments.
However mine do not.i dont know whats wrong wit mine.
:confused:
what would be the possible cause of not working right?
I paid money for them, i want them to work right. :angry:
appreciate helps from true riders. thanks
[snapback]3481345[/snapback]​
are they empty? fill them to atleast 300 psi
i cant see any other reason they wouldnt work, unless theres a leak somewhere letting the pressure out? are thy plumbed in the pressure side?

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by blueouija@Jul 26 2005, 07:00 AM
cool if your want a good ride but they do take away from performance... and even if your adding shut offs your still detracting from performance a little with the extra fittings... not much though
[snapback]3480792[/snapback]​
MIne won't pull phat 3's anymore,and i'm running them rear only,and to hop it seems to take more cause the rear isn't as solid.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Jul 27 2005, 01:50 AM
are they empty? fill them to atleast 300 psi
i cant see any other reason they wouldnt work, unless theres a leak somewhere letting the pressure out?  are thy plumbed in the pressure side?
[snapback]3481825[/snapback]​

is there any way to check if it is empty by myself?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts