LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 69 impala vert with three pumps 8 batts, 3 ton springs all around. I have shocks in the rear, but was thinking of trying accums all around. If you have a similar setup or car, I would like your advice. What accums are you running at what psi and what springs?

Any help would be cool? :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
accums offer a great ride jsut tend to slow down the response time since it has to go thru the accum first. you can try puttin them only in the back first and see how u like it. i had it like that in my lac and it made a big difference. that way u can still keep a lil more speed up front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by SUPREME69@Sep 27 2007, 02:26 PM~8881483
I USED SILVERADO COILS IN THE REAR AND 3 TONS IN THE FRONT. NO SHOCKS AND I HAD A SMOOTH RIDE. NO ACCUMS
this would work good but just add shocks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,349 Posts
Originally posted by redline@Sep 27 2007, 01:20 PM~8882231
this would work good but just add shocks!

i guess adding shocks would help him get a smoother ride. i had a pretty damn smooth ride though :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,905 Posts
got 3 pumps 4accummies @ 48 volts and few turns of 3ton( no spring need really
just in case of breakage} and my linc will still come off the ground with 2 clicks
get them youll never have hydros with out them!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SUPREME69+Sep 27 2007, 11:26 AM~8881483-->
I USED SILVERADO COILS IN THE REAR AND 3 TONS IN THE FRONT. NO SHOCKS AND I HAD A SMOOTH RIDE. NO ACCUMS
[/b]
I heard of so many people having no shocks or accums and still have a smooth ride, but isn't it still bouncy? Even with heavy duty shocks, I still hop on the freeways, when I go over a series of bumps... :angry: not fun when you don't expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love the bounce when you're riding slow on the streets, but man when you're going 70+mph...:nono:

Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN [email protected] 27 2007, 12:09 PM~8881836
accums offer a great ride jsut tend to slow down the response time since it has to go thru the accum first. you can try puttin them only in the back first and see how u like it. i had it like that in my lac and it made a big difference. that way u can still keep a lil more speed up front.
I hear you with the speed up front. :biggrin: That's why I have nothing up front to slow things down, but the ride quality is a little too bouncy.

Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2007, 01:23 PM~8882264
i guess adding shocks would help him get a smoother ride. i had a pretty damn smooth ride though :cool:
I already have shocks in the rear ;) Big difference than without, but my front hops around too much on the freeways.


<!--QuoteBegin-white link 93
@Sep 27 2007, 03:10 PM~8883032
got 3 pumps 4accummies @ 48 volts and few turns of 3ton( no spring need really
just in case of breakage} and my linc will still come off the ground with 2 clicks
get them youll never have hydros with out them!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would you say that your ride is smoother than stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
I wouldn't say smoother than stock, but WAYYY better in the rear than stiff coils and hd shocks. I had a guy take me for a ride in his to see how well the rear handled bumps, and i was sold. I put some in my ass end 2 years ago, I'd never go back. I don't even know what they're charged at, but they ride damn close to stock- I'm sure you could tune them for a perfect ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by Drop69@Sep 27 2007, 02:03 PM~8881350
I've got a 69 impala vert with three pumps 8 batts, 3 ton springs all around. I have shocks in the rear, but was thinking of trying accums all around.  If you have a similar setup or car, I would like your advice. What accums are you running at what psi and what springs?

Any help would be cool? :biggrin:
how much coil do u have in the front?do u ride fully locked up?put some 1 ton coils in the rear with shocks!i had some accums. in the rear of my car with 1 ton coils and it still moved up and down too much for me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by sixtyfourchevy@Oct 1 2007, 11:56 AM~8907763
I wouldn't say smoother than stock, but WAYYY better in the rear than stiff coils and hd shocks.  I had a guy take me for a ride in his to see how well the rear handled bumps, and i was sold.  I put some in my ass end 2 years ago, I'd never go back. I don't even know what they're charged at, but they ride damn close to stock- I'm sure you could tune them for a perfect ride.
Ya, tuning the accumulator would probably be pretty tough. I just wish I knew someone that had the same car and setup that could tell me if it works or not. I don't want to fumble around with tuning a setup if it's been done before.
Thabks for the advice! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by redline@Oct 1 2007, 03:16 PM~8909234
how much coil do u have in the front?do u ride fully locked up?put some 1 ton coils in the rear with shocks!i had some accums. in the rear of my car with 1 ton coils and it still moved up and down too much for me!
I got 5 coils in the front. I usually ride at almost locked up. So, you're saying the 1 ton with shocks were better than with accums? What kinda car you got?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by Drop69@Oct 2 2007, 01:24 AM~8912881
I got 5 coils in the front. I usually ride at almost locked up. So, you're saying the 1 ton with shocks were better than with accums? What kinda car you got?
i ride a 65 impala with 10 batts 3 pumps and i live in the tri-state area were the roads are fucked up!i hade the 1 ton with the accums.on at the same time.didnt like it car would still bounce up to high in the back if u hit a pothole shocks keep it from bouncing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by redline@Oct 2 2007, 02:40 PM~8917506
i ride a 65 impala with 10 batts 3 pumps and i live in the tri-state area were the roads are fucked up!i hade the 1 ton with the accums.on at the same time.didnt like it car would still bounce up to high in the back if u hit a pothole shocks keep it from bouncing.
I hear ya homie. So basically the accums were not as good, huh. Shocks are cheaper anyway. :biggrin:
I don't know, I just hear some people having good rides with accums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
What's up homies I got a 70 impala juiced up. Im not running any shocks now cause they ripped off doing a rolling 3wheel on both sides. I had some air shocks that were about 22" locked up. What type of shock are you guys using. Has anyone used the extended chrome shocks they sale on prohopper or xtremes web site. I know they are 27" lockup and 17" compressed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by NDUTIME70@Oct 7 2007, 10:05 PM~8950204
What's up homies I got a 70 impala juiced up.  Im not running any shocks now cause they ripped off doing a rolling 3wheel on both sides.  I had some air shocks that were about 22" locked up.  What type of shock are you guys using.  Has anyone used the extended chrome shocks they sale on prohopper or xtremes web site.  I know they are 27" lockup and 17" compressed
I got the same shocks you have. I was thinking about going with the 27" ones but I still want to lay low. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
the setup I have now has accum's in the back, helluva difference homey.. you wont regret it :cool:
this is my daily too so I didnt wanna sacrifice ride quality
you will def feel the difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by white link 93+Sep 27 2007, 03:10 PM~8883032-->
got 3 pumps 4accummies @ 48 volts and few turns of 3ton( no spring need really
just in case of breakage} and my linc will still come off the ground with 2 clicks
get them youll never have hydros with out them!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Dustin drink more water less beer.. Your drive and ride would be great to showws during the season.. :biggrin:
I need to get down there..
<!--QuoteBegin-LA Style
@Oct 15 2007, 07:11 AM~9003588
the setup I have now has accum's in the back, helluva difference homey.. you wont regret it :cool:
this is my daily too so I didnt wanna sacrifice ride quality
you will def feel the difference
ATL road suck!!!!!!!!! i lost 2 tires comming home.. :angry:


2.5 tons or 3 in the front . 1 ton or any checy car spring in the rear. Look kind of funcky cut down to like 4 turns. they ar ea little bigger then a mini coil. Put a donut on top and that perfect. I got rid of my accumes becouse of wasted battery.. Along with the street charger.. And i drive dailey . Kids , soccer practice , Obseession picnic in the ATL , :biggrin: and every cruz or just get together my club does on the coast. seals lat a hell longer . And I love the feal of not waiting to lift the ride or free spin the accumes do!!!! .If you where close i would let you ride. Becouse all my homies will tell you they think I have accumes still..

The only thing accumes really do is help with a smoother standing 3 wheel or erous that cannot have a spring. But otherwise. it's just something to waste battery. And I had the $400 black magic crome ones. I like the way they looked. But just not for me. I want sum Bounce and air trucks to know I mean biz when ridding.. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by LA Style@Oct 15 2007, 07:11 AM~9003588
the setup I have now has accum's in the back, helluva difference homey.. you wont regret it :cool:
this is my daily too so I didnt wanna sacrifice ride quality
you will def feel the difference
What kind of car you got homie? Coils? What psi you running the accums? Any answers would help. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
i bought some accumalators from showtime hydraulics 99 a piece and my car rides like a caddy wether its all the way up, in between or layed, and i have 10s in front and 12s in back, no spring, and i took them off and i didnt see a speed difference, we put some on my boys impala who has 2 ton springs and it helped with the ride no more bouncing when hitting bumps. but now he missed the bounce but he can ride with the kids and not have them bouncing in the back seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 4pumpedTLon20s@Oct 21 2007, 12:24 AM~9049340
i bought some accumalators from showtime hydraulics 99 a piece and my car rides like a caddy wether its all the way up, in between or layed, and i have 10s in front and 12s in back, no spring, and i took them off and i didnt see a speed difference, we put some on my boys impala who has 2 ton springs and it helped with the ride no more bouncing when hitting bumps. but now he missed the bounce but he can ride with the kids and not have them bouncing in the back seat.
What kind of car you got homie? :0 What psi you running the accums? Any answers would help. :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top