LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Originally posted by lone star@Oct 22 2007, 05:24 PM~9060020
GET THEM. YOU WILL LOVE IT, BUT ONLY IN THE BACK.
WHat springs and PSI should I be using for the back? And besides slowing things down up front, why not get them in the front too? I don't hop, just lay and play. :cool:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by Drop69@Oct 23 2007, 02:57 PM~9067492
WHat springs and PSI should I be using for the back? And besides slowing things down up front, why not get them in the front too? I don't hop, just lay and play. :cool:
WELL IF U DONT HOP THEN PUT THEM IN THE FRONT. I DONT HOP EITHER BUT I LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE SNAP IN THE FRONT. I DONT KNOW PSI. EVERYTIME IVE RAN THEM I JUST GET THEM PRECHARGED, AND PLUMB THEM RIGHT IN THE SETUP. SPRINGS DONT REALLY MATTER IVE RAN FROM 3 TON IN THE BACK TO 1 TON PRECUT, AND I COULDNT REALLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Originally posted by lone star@Oct 23 2007, 03:56 PM~9067743
WELL IF U DONT HOP THEN PUT THEM IN THE FRONT. I DONT HOP EITHER BUT I LIKE TO HAVE A LITTLE SNAP IN THE FRONT.  I DONT KNOW PSI. EVERYTIME IVE RAN THEM I JUST GET THEM PRECHARGED, AND PLUMB THEM RIGHT IN THE SETUP.  SPRINGS DONT REALLY MATTER IVE RAN FROM 3 TON IN THE BACK TO 1 TON PRECUT, AND I COULDNT REALLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE...
I think I'll give them a try, I just wish I knew someone that has done the same thing on the same car. A lot of cars are set up similar but not exactly the same. I heard that accums are more for imports or euros with a strut setup to replace the spring. From what I've heard for bigger cars like mine they are kind of like shocks. I just don't want to buy them and find out that they don't really work like shocks. Thanks for your advice. :thumbsup:

What kind of car do you have?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have 2 ton 2 precut's, extended reverse deep cup [the ones that go over the powerball + upper coil-over cup and accums.

Rides like a dream.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Originally posted by phatz@Oct 24 2007, 11:36 AM~9073418
I have 2 ton 2 precut's, extended reverse deep cup [the ones that go over the powerball + upper coil-over cup and accums.

Rides like a dream.
I hope mine will ride like a dream too. :biggrin:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by Drop69@Oct 24 2007, 11:33 AM~9073395
I think I'll give them a try, I just wish I knew someone that has done the same thing on the same car. A lot of cars are set up similar but not exactly the same. I heard that accums are more for imports or euros with a strut setup to replace the spring. From what I've heard for bigger cars like mine they are kind of like shocks. I just don't want to buy them and find out that they don't really work like shocks. Thanks for your advice. :thumbsup:

What kind of car do you have?
64 cv, ive ran accum on 4 lifted cars in the past...

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I have them in my S10 blazer and they work, Ive had cars and if you want a smooth ride , accums are the way to go. Here is my settup.

Im thinking of putting some in front, but the configureation will be trick too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Originally posted by lone star@Oct 24 2007, 04:16 PM~9075646
64 cv, ive ran accum on 4 lifted cars in the past...
So do they work like shocks on bigger cars? I always thought they were like springs instead but the concept is the same a shock though.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 25 2007, 09:41 AM~9080047
I have them in my S10  blazer and they work, Ive had cars and if you want a smooth ride , accums are the way to go.  Here is my settup.

where didi you buy the tank plugs?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 25 2007, 07:41 AM~9080047
I have them in my S10  blazer and they work, Ive had cars and if you want a smooth ride , accums are the way to go.  Here is my settup.

Nice set up! :cool:
What other cars have you had them on? Do they work like shocks?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by white link 93@Sep 27 2007, 05:10 PM~8883032
got 3 pumps 4accummies @ 48 volts and few turns of 3ton( no spring need really
just in case of breakage} and my linc will still come off the ground with 2 clicks
get them youll never have hydros with out them!!!!!!!!!!!!
BETTER LISTEN TOO THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
heres how good they work, the first part is without accums. i get on the bumper and bounce the blazer and you can see the diffrents from the first and sceond part of the clip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
heres how good they work, the first part is without accums. i get on the bumper and bounce the blazer and you can see the diffrents from the first and sceond part of the clip.

Sweeeet! :biggrin: Cool video. That looks like it works pretty good. Thanks for sharing. Do you have them on a shut off valve? How did you turn them on so fast?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
The pump has blocker valves/dumps. They work in reverse , there open untill you power them up , then they close. The blocker are on a diffrent switch , I turn them on when needed. Also there are slowdowns to tighten or loosen the ride flow.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 25 2007, 10:41 AM~9080047

thats a clean blazer edmund, i like the color.

and its on 5.20's and Daytons huh???? ;)

as far as accumulators go, thats probably the best candidate for them, anything with leaf springs is a pain in the ass to get it to ride good.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Got to have Daytons with 5 20's , they are only for show, the tires like to crack and get flat spots when parked too long. LOL

In the vid I have my other ones on , with 155's. But I hear the 155 is going to get hard to get too. Better put a few sets away .

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 30 2007, 07:22 PM~9117608
Got to have Daytons with 5 20's ,  they are only for show, the tires  like to crack and get flat spots when parked  too long. LOL

In the vid I have my other ones on , with 155's.  But I hear the 155 is going to get hard to get  too.  Better put a few sets away .
really? so they gonna stop making it or somthing??? i think ima have to buy a couple sets before they get expensive :)

nice truck now I'm pretty much sure I'm buying accumes for my ride :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 30 2007, 09:22 PM~9117608
Got to have Daytons with 5 20's ,  they are only for show, the tires  like to crack and get flat spots when parked  too long. LOL

In the vid I have my other ones on , with 155's.  But I hear the 155 is going to get hard to get  too.  Better put a few sets away .
I have plenty of 5.20's put away, Im not into 155's much, I dont like 13's on the kinds of cars that I like the most. Glasshouses, Lincolns, 65 and later Impala's, Caddys, etc ALL look better on 14's with 5.20's.

I got a nice stash of NON BLEM 5.20's put away, NOS, and they arent dried out. plus, with the new Coker 5.20's even though they are fake, they still look good enough to drive on.

call me crazy, but i love sliding on 5.20's, even the flat spots and the constant hissing, something about it makes me smile like a kid, lol.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 30 2007, 05:59 PM~9117404
The pump has blocker valves/dumps.  They work in reverse , there open untill you power them up , then they close. The blocker are on a diffrent switch , I turn them on when needed.  Also there are slowdowns to tighten or loosen the ride flow.

Cool! So do you need to hold your blocker switch as you hit the switch when you lift?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts