LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 31 2007, 04:51 AM~9120727
The switch is a toggle that doesnt snap back.
i have often wondered about that, does the coil get hot on the blocker dumps, even after being left on for a long amount of time???

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Just hook it up when you hit the switch to raise it it also turns on the coils. ;)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Oct 31 2007, 06:32 AM~9121156
Just hook it up when you hit the switch to raise it it also turns on the coils.  ;)

I tried that first time, it hit kinda like the blocker werent in. Went up slow, but without them it is slow. So I use the blockers just when Im hitting on some one.

Without the blockers ,all you have to do is leave a little pressure in them and then they will move faster.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 31 2007, 04:16 AM~9120815
i have often wondered about that, does the coil get hot on the blocker dumps, even after being left on for a long amount of time???
Havent left them on like that YET. LOL Only use them for a few seconds , then off. Mainly when riding, I dont forget to turn them off cause the ride will get notice-ably bouncie/rough , yep these leaf springs buckets have a ride of there own.
:yes:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 31 2007, 10:24 AM~9121356
Havent left them on like that YET. LOL  Only use them for a few seconds , then off. Mainly when riding, I dont forget to turn them off cause the ride will get notice-ably bouncie/rough , yep these leaf springs buckets have a ride of there own.
:yes:
ohhhh ok. so you dont leave them on constantly. i guess in a situation like that it would be best to use manual shut offs (like extra slowdowns, or high pressure ball valves).

im just not a fan of accumulators personally, ANY big car with stock coils can be made to ride a luxury car, even with hydraulics. BUT, as you know if its got stock leafs ITS NOT going to ride good with hydraulics.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
What do think you about putting some Pesco's in it ?

I think I might have some of that old crap thrown in some milk crates out in the back patio.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Oct 31 2007, 06:38 PM~9125272
What do think you about putting some Pesco's in it ?

I think I might have some of that old crap  thrown in some milk crates out in the back patio.
:0 :0 :0

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 31 2007, 11:07 AM~9123084
ohhhh ok. so you dont leave them on constantly. i guess in a situation like that it would be best to use manual shut offs (like extra slowdowns, or high pressure ball valves).
im just not a fan of accumulators personally, ANY big car with stock coils can be made to ride a luxury car, even with hydraulics. BUT, as you know if its got stock leafs ITS NOT going to ride good with hydraulics.
What coil combo do you suggest for my 69 vert impala with 8 batts and 3 pumps? I want a smooth ride, but I figured you need something to dampen the bumps more to get a smooth ride.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Drop69@Nov 3 2007, 03:39 AM~9144720
What coil combo do you suggest for my 69 vert impala with 8 batts and 3 pumps? I want a smooth ride, but I figured you need something to dampen the bumps more to get a smooth ride.
check your PM!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts