LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of accumulators from cce today. So I figured I'd hook them up and go for a ride. I tee off the lines and add the accums. While I'm at it I fill up the tank cause some fluid leaked out. But when I hit the switch the car raises up a couple of inches and then that's it. I can't get it to lock out anymore or even get it high enough to get out of the driveway. It seems to go down slow too. WTF!!!!!! What did I do wrong?? Did I hook everything up wrong?? Did I put too much fluid in the tank?? Anyone got some advise?? :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't tried that yet. But after I started haveing the problems I thought that myabe my batteries were just too weak to handle the extra stress the accums added. So I let them charge for a couple of hours. Now I can get it to lock out but it is slower then shit. It feels like it is struggling to lock out. I'm gonna let them charge all night and all day tomorrow and see what happens. I also need to take the shocks off, maybe that will help a little.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are the accumlators charged?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they came pre charged. I just got home so I'm gonna see what's going on with it. The batteries have been charging all day, and I'll take the shocks off. Hopefully things will be better. I called cce today and they told me that the accumulators should not make my set up any slower. :confused: I have always heard different.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everything seems to be cool I guess. The car jumps up on the first tap of the switch then it is a little slow after that. Might be because I am only running 2 batteries. Maybe a little more juice will help. On a good note it rides a whole lot better. Now my wife won't have to ride with her arms crossed anymore. :roflmao: Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
2 batts is slow as shit Bro!!!!!!! my accumes will not raise less then 36 volts..

And my wife would not roll with me for a while.. :biggrin: We tryed to go to the beach. 200 ml one way .. Ya she cursed the whole time.. I think that was the worst car show we did.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
if i was you dude i would ditch that brass fitting and get a steele one, that shit is going to blow the fuck up homie

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where can I find a steel fitting for that??? I just got that at Home Desperate. The fitting kit from cce didn't have everything I need. Now can I just add another battery to that, or do I have to do anything special?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by macc@Aug 17 2006, 10:07 PM~5991060
Where can I find a steel fitting for that??? I just got that at Home Desperate. The fitting kit from cce didn't have everything I need. Now can I just add another battery to that, or do I have to do anything special?
just add a batt or 2 and u will b all good/and boy do acccumies slow it down a lot :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Aug 17 2006, 11:45 PM~5991622
:biggrin:  32 volts and up. On 48 my shit hits hard still... :biggrin:
60v and my shit is nice / but i have no coils :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by macc@Aug 17 2006, 07:29 PM~5989662
Yeah they came pre charged. I just got home so I'm gonna see what's going on with it. The batteries have been charging all day, and I'll take the shocks off. Hopefully things will be better. I called cce today and they told me that the accumulators should not make my set up any slower.  :confused: I have always heard different.

YOU DON'T NEED TO REMOVE YOUR SHOCKS. IN FACT DON'T REMOVE THEM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts