LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i put 1 accum for the rear and 1 for the front??? im running 2 pump 2 dump 3 switches up and down only,, can i install 1 accum for one pum-,, and the other accum for the other?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
yes but you will sway hard while taking turns...id run the rears with 2 dumps and 2 accumies.and the front with a single dump and accumie just make sure to run the swaybar

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my setups for my 50 bomb im really not worried about sway just about the accum holding up and workign on 2 cylinders thanks

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
it will work fine then,it will hold the weight of the car no problem,and if its to soft they can be bumped up in pressure to make it ride stiffer

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 3 2007, 05:33 PM~8926736
3 ton springs on the front. cut stock caddi springs on the rear. accumes only on the rear at 300psi..

what??? i cant put different size coils in the front of my bomb,,, and in the rear i have mini coils... how do i set the psi ,, where would i put nitrogen local ??? shop??

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
run any coil you like or run none makes no differance.and usually any where you get welding tanks filled will normally do it

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by daoriginator64@Oct 3 2007, 07:19 PM~8926652
can i put 1 accum for the rear and 1 for the front??? im running 2 pump 2 dump  3 switches  up and down only,, can i install 1 accum for one pum-,, and the other accum for the other?

Definitely not!

You need at least 3 but you will still sway unless they are 600psi or more. So just buy 2 for the rear.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 4 2007, 04:40 AM~8929727
Definitely not!

You need at least 3 but you will still sway unless they are 600psi or more.  So just buy 2 for the rear.
what will happen is my question???? im not worried about sway, as long as the accums can cushion the ride a little bit!

L

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by daoriginator64@Oct 4 2007, 04:58 PM~8933410
what will happen is my question????  im not worried about sway, as long as the accums can cushion the ride a little bit!
id say 2 to the back.....When i talk to scott at REDS for my ladies ride, i wanted to do the same thing. He recommended not to put 1 to front and 1 to back.....he said, if you got the cash do 2 in the front and the back. Accumes weren't made for the pressure from 2 cylinders. they were created to handle the pressure of 1. Worst case cenerio is that the accum can pop from the pressure. So i got 2 to the rear, none in the front. She gots a two pump 3 switch set up as well.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by LowFairlane@Oct 4 2007, 11:31 PM~8935885
id say 2 to the back.....When i talk to scott at REDS for my ladies ride, i wanted to do the same thing. He recommended not to put 1 to front and 1 to back.....he said, if you got the cash do 2 in the front and the back. Accumes weren't made for the pressure from 2 cylinders. they were created to handle the pressure of 1. Worst case cenerio is that the accum can pop from the pressure. So i got 2 to the rear, none in the front. She gots a two pump 3 switch set up as well.
I would say that this is not the main reason why I wouldn't do it... Although it could happen with a very heavy car or truck over 3000 lbs.

The MAIN REASON is safety. If you share an accumulator with two cylinders then you are sharing the fluid in both cylinders meaning you have NO WAY of controlling where the fluid goes.

SCENARIO WITH 2 ACCUMULATORS, 2 DUMPS and 4 CYLINDERS like you want
You are parked and raise your vehicle half way, then drive straight you'll be fine, as soon as you make a turn, the weight will shift and the fluid will transfer to the opposite cylinders making your car lean as far as the fluid will allow. On the HWY (if you were to drive on it) you go to pass someone, your car will tip side to side as you shift the weight.

Don't do it, its not worth it, pay the extra hundred and get at least 3 accumulator, 2 for the back and one for the front and make sure you have a dump for each rear cylinder too. Otherwise your back to the same scenario.

HOPE THIS HELPS>>>> :cool:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 3 2007, 08:22 PM~8926672
yes but you will sway hard while taking turns...id run the rears with 2 dumps and 2 accumies.and the front with a single dump and accumie just make sure to run the swaybar
x2,trust me

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 5 2007, 09:46 AM~8937217
I know you say you don't care about sway but you have no idea what your in for until you try it.  So try it out and get back to us and let us know what you think.
it seriously sucks. ;)

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 5 2007, 06:57 AM~8937270
it seriously sucks. ;)
;)

do it right the first time!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll over is a biaaaaatch....

and you should be able to change your front springs out. how else you juicing it.. :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 5 2007, 07:25 AM~8937366
;)

do it right the first time!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll over is a biaaaaatch....

and you should be able to change your front springs out. how else you juicing it.. :dunno:  :dunno:
the front spring pockets on a 50 deluxe is smaller than a gbody etc. so a normal size coil will not fit in the pocket thats why we have to use the stock springs :cool:

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by solowpaul@Oct 5 2007, 07:38 AM~8937419
the front spring pockets on a 50 deluxe is smaller than a gbody etc. so a normal size coil will not fit in the pocket thats why we have to use the stock springs :cool:
;) I learn something new.. :cool:

L

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 5 2007, 04:47 AM~8937114
I would say that this is not the main reason why I wouldn't do it...  Although it could happen with a very heavy car or truck over 3000 lbs. 

The MAIN REASON is safety.  If you share an accumulator with two cylinders then you are sharing the fluid in both cylinders meaning you have NO WAY of controlling where the fluid goes.

SCENARIO WITH 2 ACCUMULATORS, 2 DUMPS and 4 CYLINDERS like you want
You are parked and raise your vehicle half way, then drive straight you'll be fine, as soon as you make a turn, the weight will shift and the fluid will transfer to the opposite cylinders making your car lean as far as the fluid will allow.  On the HWY (if you were to drive on it) you go to pass someone, your car will tip side to side as you shift the weight. 

Don't do it, its not worth it, pay the extra hundred and get at least 3 accumulator, 2 for the back and one for the front and make sure you have a dump for each rear cylinder too.  Otherwise your back to the same scenario.

HOPE THIS HELPS>>>> :cool:
KINDA REPEATED WHAT I SAID, JUST WITH MORE DETAIL :cool:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by solowpaul@Oct 5 2007, 10:38 AM~8937419

You can use Ford Mustang v8 coils ... In the front .... They are smaller diameter ... Hit me up I think we still have a few sets on the shelf .... :biggrin: ;) :cool:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
YOU CAN USE ANY COIL IN CONJUNCTION WITH ACCUMIES BE IT STOCKS MINI'S OR HOPPING.
USE WHATEVER FITS DOESNT MATTER

1 - 20 of 23 Posts