LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
The acc. are to give the juiced ride a near factory ride or feel. This is done by giving the fluid in the lines & cylinder a place to go when you encounter bumps & what not in the road. Mostly, you'll see these on euros & newer rides. I have them on my Expedition.
As for just a street set-up, yeah, they'll be fine. Now, if you wanna do some serious hopping, no. They slow the fluid down somewhat.
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very good for a street setup, they let fluid from the cylinders flow back into the accumulator and then nitrogen inside the accumulator forces it back letting the cylinder act as a shock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ive got electric lock-offs on my ride with the accumulators, gotta a switch on my box so you swith them on/ off for a smooth ride on the road, then nice and crunchy off road or when the system needs to be faster......... :biggrin:

T

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Rudey UK@Oct 4 2003, 12:06 PM
ive got electric lock-offs on my ride with the accumulators, gotta a switch on my box so you swith them on/ off for a smooth ride on the road, then nice and crunchy off road or when the system needs to be faster......... :biggrin:
excatly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts