LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about them becuase I've been looking at installing hydraulics and all but I don't quite undersatnd how it works out. The accumulator itself works kinda like a shock if I understand this right but what I think I'm not getting is say you hit your switch, then dump it and let the fluid flow back and have the rams compressed down and empty. How do the accumulators get juice in em to help act as shocks? erg. I probably just need to say fuckit and buy the shit, install it and learn somethin. I just want to know that everything is going to work and I undersatnd it all when I actualy make the purchase for my car. Thats kindof a lot of money for me. Thanks for the help.

ps. If it makes a difference I'm trying to envision this on my torsion bar suspension.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Confuzed.... the accumulators are plumbed in line with the pressure side, including the cylinders and dump valves so fluid fills em up when you activate the pumps and flows out of em when you activate the dumps

The fluid pulses inside them while pressurized allowing suspension jounce in the ride (acting like a shock) they absorb the bumps... there is a baffle inside filled with nitro...

when the cylinder is collapsed all the way there is little or no pressure so they dont help in this position... there must be at least some pressure from the fluid in em to work...

hope this helps a little :uh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts