LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive started to notice that acid is building up on my noids and on parts of my rack my batterys are brand new . what can i do to prevent this or clean it up

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
i never had that problem,what kind of batterys are you using? regular auto batterys or deep cycle?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 26 2006, 03:26 PM~6248634
i never had that problem,what kind of batterys are you using? regular auto batterys or deep cycle?
deep cycle there like a 900cca

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes. That it correct. The soda DOES neutalize the acid. What you do is make a mixture of soda and water, and brush the solution over the battery case. But be very careful not to allow the solution to enter the cells of the battery. Wash off the whole thing with water. And use a wire brush to remove corrosion from the rack or noid or whatever. I would also recommend that you use a terminal cleaning tool to clean the cables leading to you batteries. And don't forget your posts either!!!!! A good way to prevent corrosion after you clean it all off woul be corrosion preventive spray, you can get it almost anywere. (wal-mart, napa, ect.) I went to college to learn Automotive Technology Electricity and Electronics. It was the first thing we learned and they made us practice that shit daily!!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Adinfinitum@Sep 26 2006, 05:33 PM~6249436
Yes.  That it correct.  The soda DOES neutalize the acid.  What you do is make a mixture of soda and water, and brush the solution over the battery case. But be very careful not to allow the solution to enter the cells of the battery.  Wash off the whole thing with water.  And use a wire brush to remove corrosion from the rack or noid or whatever.  I would also recommend that you use a terminal cleaning tool to clean the cables leading to you batteries.  And don't forget your posts either!!!!!  A good way to prevent corrosion after you clean it all off woul be corrosion preventive spray, you can get it almost anywere. (wal-mart, napa, ect.)  I went to college to learn Automotive Technology Electricity and Electronics.  It was the first thing we learned and they made us practice that shit daily!!!!
could i use some of that die-electric grease on all the terminals?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
make sure you use the baking soda n water on the rack before you wire brush it that way theres not all that bullshit in the air and in your lungs... i've made that mistake before

·
Registered
145 Posts
That stuff works. But I would recommend the spray at least on the terminals. Also, It doesn't matter how many volts you got in your trunk, if ANY of your terminals or cables are grimey......CLEAN THEM!!!!! Acidic build up is probably the worst thing you want to run into. In some cases, I bet some peoples setups could work probably almost TWICE as good if they made sure to keep their cables and terminals as clean as possible. I am very excessive when it comes to battery clean up. Not even with lowriders but with just a plain old car battery. I can't stress it enough!!! OH yeah!!! WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES!!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
those little packets of eletric grease, over by the batteries at the auto parts place...one little packets should be enough, just get it on your fingers and wipe it all over the terminals and batt posts. u gotta do it every few months. or they say u can use petroleum jelly also

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by adamflow1@Sep 27 2006, 10:30 AM~6254118
those little packets of eletric grease, over by the batteries at the auto parts place...one little packets should be enough, just get it on your fingers and wipe it all over the terminals and batt posts. u gotta do it every few months. or they say u can use petroleum jelly also
my battery terminals are clean it`s just the area were the noids mount and on sections of the rack

·
Registered
145 Posts
Then i believe the noid terminals could also use some stuff as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts