LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Adding 2nd battery today

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JeremyD 
#1 ·
I am going to run the second battery for my amps in the trunk, will this make the subs hit harder, or sound better? Will this act as a power cap, or will this just put strain on my altinator? is this a good idea, or bad idea , any answers?

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Dec 7 2003, 10:41 AM

#4 ·
you can use a little thing i forget the name but it allows you to have power flow one way so the second battery charges the stock on or something like that

#5 ·
Originally posted by peter@Dec 7 2003, 09:10 PM
you can use a little thing i forget the name but it allows you to have power flow one way so the second battery charges the stock on or something like that
Lets try A BATTERY ISOLATOR

And I got one for sale Rated @ 36VDC max @75 A Used for $15 PM me if interested or want pics.

#9 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Dec 7 2003, 10:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Dec 7 2003, 10:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--peter@Dec 7 2003, 09:10 PM
Lets try A BATTERY ISOLATOR

And I got one for sale Rated @ 36VDC max @75 A Used for $15 PM me if interested or want pics.[/b][/quote]
yea thats it but you dont have to be a dick cause i dont know the name

#10 ·
I added the batery a few days ago now with no problems, both batteries remain charged equaly, and no dimming of any lights, and no signs of power loss, this was a really good idea, I didn't even need an isolator,
Is my car draining juice from the 2nd battery in my trunk, for the headlights etc.. ? or is that power from the 2nd battery only going to my subs, and amp?
I checked both battreries with a multi-meter and they both read 12.35, you think this is gunna be hard on my altinator?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.