LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pretty much decided to go with Air Cylinders but need to know if anyone has an idea on (or have already) added spacers to raise the Cylinders higher...

High enough so that when at 0psi, i'm only down 3.5" from stock height (instead of 6" lower) and extra high over stock at Max psi.

From the looks of it, it seems that the bolt-on brackets that go onto the Cylinders, just sit on TOP of the cylinder, and if so, i should be able to add a large spacer in between the bracket and the Cylinder, correct?

Thanks all for the help!

btw, i'm only wanting to go a max of 3.5" lower then stock because my bumpers and side skirts will smash into the ground at 4"

Thanks again!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 85rockerdraggins10@Sep 16 2005, 05:05 PM~3829737
theres many different ways to make a spacer just depends if you got the fab skills.
i assume i can make the spacers... i'm just trying to figure out where to put them in a Cylinder system.

·
Registered
480 Posts
yeah you can make spacers , just make sure the bolts where they bolt to your car(top) are long and youll be fine , you can probably make them of a pice of old tire or something, but ill work , mine slamed its still like 3 fingers from the ground in the back and like 4 in the sides

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great, thanks for the help guys... all i need to do is get londer bolts where they bolt onto the wheel well and put the spacers in there. perfect. i figured it would have been more difficult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts