LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a dump that looks like an Adex, but are not sure what it really is? Have a dump valve that you know is a clone of an Adel? Care to let others know what you got and how it works?

What did it cost new/used, who was the seller, part numbers and marking can now all be shared with everyone.

It's too easy to upload PICs from your hard drive too. I've made this site real fast and easy to use.

Share with others what you know and how each dump works, the good and bad points.

You don't need to register or signin to post. The site is new, today, as of one hour ago.

http://pesco.us/posts

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Hey Tony, I got some more Pescos coming next week, including some REAL NOS 280 pump heads, (not that bullshit people claim to be NOS).

I will give you some good pics to put on there. ;) ;) ;)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's cool to be cool, if you got something, help out your fellow riders.

Id buy all the dumps I could and post everything, if I could. Free of charge, just to help out.

Sign: Professor Hydros, willing to help. :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 2 2003, 09:13 PM
It's cool to be cool, if you got something, help out your fellow riders.

Id buy all the dumps I could and post everything, if I could. Free of charge, just to help out.

Sign: Professor Hydros, willing to help. :biggrin:
Hey give me some pics of some "other" dumps. I will pass the pics on to my supplier, maybe he can find some nice valves for you. He is always willing to take pics, this guy is real old school, our idea of taking a pic and mailing it consists of a digital camera and email, well his idea of mailing a pic is a polaroid camera and an envelope. But he has a good supply of parts, and just the other day, he offerered me alot of pumps and valves because they are starting to scrap alot of parts.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ogcaddy@Nov 2 2003, 06:09 PM
Hey Tony, I got some more Pescos coming next week, including some REAL NOS 280 pump heads, (not that bullshit people claim to be NOS).

I will give you some good pics to put on there.  ;)  ;)  ;)
Hey OGCaddy, Thanks, I was hoping you might take a peak and add a little info for the guys :cheesy:

Uploading PICs is real easy. It's so easy, you can't help yourself to keep from uploading more and more. ;)

Next I got to get this for SD too.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
The ADEL and ADEX are p.n. 23500, but the ADEX uses code 22
after it....The ADEL is not a clone ,the blueprints were sold to CRANE CORP in the 70's ....And later bought by A.L.C whici makes them now ...
Andy just changed some sizing and material,and closer tolerences
to handle the greater pressures involved in lowriding,which made a better dump
ADEL's are a good dump and cost about 250 to 275.00 retail

ADEX's are superior and recomended for all comp and double pump use

I'll post the pic's opf all the dumps later when we get back from sema today

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 7 2003, 11:41 AM
The ADEL and ADEX are p.n. 23500, but the ADEX uses code 22
after it....The ADEL is not a clone ,the blueprints were sold to CRANE CORP in the 70's ....And later bought by A.L.C whici makes them now ...
 Andy just changed some sizing and material,and closer tolerences
to handle the greater pressures involved in lowriding,which made a better dump
 ADEL's are a good dump and cost about 250 to 275.00 retail

ADEX's are superior and recomended for all comp and double pump use

I'll post the pic's opf all the dumps later when we get back from sema today
This is the type of information we all need. Having this info and being able to access this inforamation is what's Pesco.US is all about.

I'm not tring to steal away viewers from LIL, nor am I complaining about the search option being disabled. It just would be nice to find this information all in one place when one wants it.

Pesco.US is designed to be a community data base for this type of information. Later there will be bigger and better sites, but for now, this is it.

I also allow uploading pictures of your items you have for sale here on LIL. It's all free. Your pictures are displayed here on LIL without your customers ever coming to Pesco.US/posts.

I refuse to even sell ad space on my sites. You see a company on any of my sites, it's because I like them, not because I got paid.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
If it dont say Bendiz on the electrical connector, it is either a fake Adel or one thats been repaired.

The ones Al Crane are making are junk, and dont hold up very well. My homie bought one from someone and it was supposed to be "real". After the first use, oil shot out through the top and into the coil. Basically a wasted dump.

Beware of the ones that say "Amphenol" or "Adel" on the electrical connector. And beware of any Adel made after the 1950's or very early 60's.

Adel is now owned by Hydroaire. But they dont produce them anymore.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Wanna Hop 83@Nov 7 2003, 06:17 PM
Are the adels that says amphenol on the connector fake?? It has the same part number but it doesnt say bendix but amphenol..
My homie bought one just like that, I pretty much described it to someone who knows all the differences, and I would have to say its fake.

Then again amphenol is a large supplier of aircraft electronics, so it could be a real dump thats been repaired.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Since I can't get an answer out of OGcaddy I'll ask tony instead. I have 2 prohopper squares that were produced 6 years ago. They leak down after about an hour. I rebuilt them with adex kits and the stiffer spring helped a little. I need spools and plungers with tighter tolerences. Can you help me with this. Thanks.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Dominique A.K.A. BIG BOY@Nov 7 2003, 05:26 PM
Since I can't get an answer out of OGcaddy I'll ask tony instead. I have 2 prohopper squares that were produced 6 years ago. They leak down after about an hour. I rebuilt them with adex kits and the stiffer spring helped a little. I need spools and plungers with tighter tolerences. Can you help me with this. Thanks.
:confused:
Tony as in me?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Nov 7 2003, 07:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Nov 7 2003, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Wanna Hop 83@Nov 7 2003, 06:17 PM
Are the adels that says amphenol on the connector fake?? It has the same part number but it doesnt say bendix but amphenol..
My homie bought one just like that, I pretty much described it to someone who knows all the differences, and I would have to say its fake.

Then again amphenol is a large supplier of aircraft electronics, so it could be a real dump thats been repaired.[/b][/quote]
Yes its been repaired...I wouldnt know the difference I never seen a real adel in person...

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Big Boy,

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the Pro Hopper squares. I don't know where to find parts for it. I am guessing it depends on what the body is made of too. If the spool is of steel, yet the body is aluminum, perhaps the body has had it. Are these valves that Pro-Hopper had made?

But here is how I look at it, out of all the dumps I have ever seen, it is the original large aircraft valves that have out lasted any industrial valve I have ever used/seen. This all meaning, it appears the Prohopper valves are an industrial valve, and at six years old, I think that's pretty good. If I could get a valve to last six months I was lucky. (always hopping)

This is another great example of the use for the ADEL ADEX clone data base. What if the inside guts of those ebay square dumps are an exact replacement for the Pro Hopper valves? What if someone knew the answer, posted here on LIL and then that info was lost in the archives of posts.

If I can, and, if I ever find the time, I'd buy every Adel/Adex clone I can find, tear them down and go over every part piece by piece to see if anything is interchangeable and how to ID them for everyone to know.

If and when you find what you need, or if someone is able to help out and fix the valve, could you pass it on and post to the database?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pro hopper did have them made. The name of the company that did it for them is Tri Tech located in Camarillo Ca. Only a few were made and handed out to shops to prototype. I got one back then and I just recently got another one.The plunger has to much play. I thought about getting adex guts for it. What do you think?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Dominique A.K.A. BIG BOY@Nov 7 2003, 06:49 PM
Pro hopper did have them made.  The name of the company that did it for them is Tri Tech located in Camarillo Ca. Only a few were made and handed out to shops to prototype. I got one back then and I just recently got another one.The plunger has to much play. I thought about getting adex guts for it. What do you think?
Excellent information !!

The plunger may not be the problem. If the Adex guts match up, take measurements of both plungers. If the Adex has more meat. then I'd try it. If not then the problem could be else where. Maybe take measurement inside the valve body too and compare.

What we do sometimes is exchange what we believe to be a bad part into a good working unit. If you then have the same problem, then you found it.

This test is the opposite of taking a known good part and replacing it into a known defective unit. Each type of trouble shooting has it's good/bad points.

Somewhere here on LIL I wrote a post on how to trouble shoot just about anything, using several different types of trouble shooting techniques.

But I guess it's lost, for now.

If you ever what to sell the valve (or let me borrow it to tear apart) LMK

1 - 20 of 36 Posts