LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these shops say if you can't afford an adex, just use italians. Now how come these same shops all have there own version of a square that they charge 250 bux for???

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Trust me man NOTHING is as good as an adex. Italians are good dumps but its like towing a car if you have a regular 350 chevy truck it might get the job done but if you have the 454 dually its gonna be alot better

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mr impala@Dec 17 2003, 12:19 PM
Trust me man NOTHING is as good as an adex.
I believe that, I just don't get how these people say all the other squares are worthless, yet they want 200-300 for one.

speaking of adex's did you get that one off ebay yet???

Last edited by T BONE at Dec 17 2003, 12:24 PM

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE@Dec 17 2003, 12:17 PM
All these shops say if you can't afford an adex, just use italians. Now how come  these same shops all have there own version of a square that they charge 250 bux for???
:confused: :confused: ADEX IS a clone to a ADEL. Right down to the 1956 stamp. :confused: :confused: You mean a clone to a clone? Or do you mean that the ADEX clones aren't as good as a ADEX clone? To answer your question, there seems to be no patent left on ADEL, so everyone is claiming they bought the rights. As far as quality, comes down to who has the best resources to "copy" Adel. I guess ADEX is better than others. :dunno: And they charge more for it

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
^^^^ OGCaddy can pretty much speak on this subject perfectly. I hang out with him and talk about this stuff sometimes so i'll try to explain that too you as much as I can remember. Andy, the guy who makes Adex, is the only one that has the legal rights make the dumps that are copied from the original adel. All of the others only look like them cosmetically on the outside, but do not perform like the Adex's. Adex's are copied like the Adels according to tolerences and specifications. Actually, if i'm correct, Andy made the tolerances of the Adex stronger than the original Adels. Also, if i remember right, Andy got special permission from the makers of the Adels to produce the Adex, which is why only he can do it. Again, the fake ones that you typically see on ebay, only look like the adex's cosmetically, internally they are different and don't have the same tolerance as an adex.

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DIPPINIT+Dec 17 2003, 07:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DIPPINIT @ Dec 17 2003, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--T BONE@Dec 17 2003, 12:17 PM
All these shops say if you can't afford an adex, just use italians. Now how come  these same shops all have there own version of a square that they charge 250 bux for???
:confused: :confused: ADEX IS a clone to a ADEL. Right down to the 1956 stamp. :confused: :confused: You mean a clone to a clone? Or do you mean that the ADEX clones aren't as good as a ADEX clone? To answer your question, there seems to be no patent left on ADEL, so everyone is claiming they bought the rights. As far as quality, comes down to who has the best resources to "copy" Adel. I guess ADEX is better than others. :dunno: And they charge more for it[/b][/quote]
Adex is not a clone, andy lodi owns the patent for that dump.

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Dec 17 2003, 07:43 PM
^^^^ OGCaddy can pretty much speak on this subject perfectly. I hang out with him and talk about this stuff sometimes so i'll try to explain that too you as much as I can remember. Andy, the guy who makes Adex, is the only one that has the legal rights make the dumps that are copied from the original adel. All of the others only look like them cosmetically on the outside, but do not perform like the Adex's. Adex's are copied like the Adels according to tolerences and specifications. Actually, if i'm correct, Andy made the tolerances of the Adex stronger than the original Adels. Also, if i remember right, Andy got special permission from the makers of the Adels to produce the Adex, which is why only he can do it. Again, the fake ones that you typically see on ebay, only look like the adex's cosmetically, internally they are different and don't have the same tolerance as an adex.
damn posted at the same time as me, but you went into more detail :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
The Adex is a clone Dippinit is correct but a clone of a product that has not been made for a very very long time. Andy took the adel dump and made it more accurate and able to tolerate the types of pressure we put through them. There are a few copies but none are backed with a lifetime warranty :biggrin:

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by mr impala@Dec 17 2003, 07:52 PM
The Adex is a clone Dippinit is correct but a clone of a product that has not been made for a very very long time. Andy took the adel dump and made it more accurate and able to tolerate the types of pressure we put through them. There are a few copies but none are backed with a lifetime warranty :biggrin:
But considering he owns the patent technically it really wouldn't be a clone, am I right or wrong???

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE+Dec 17 2003, 05:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T BONE @ Dec 17 2003, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--mr impala@Dec 17 2003, 07:52 PM
The Adex is a clone Dippinit is correct but a clone of a product that has not been made for a very very long time. Andy took the adel dump and made it more accurate and able to tolerate the types of pressure we  put through them. There are a few copies but none are backed with a lifetime warranty  :biggrin:
But considering he owns the patent technically it really wouldn't be a clone, am I right or wrong???[/b][/quote]
Well he stamps them to look as if they are OG. Im sure Andy will see this and speak on it.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by mr impala+Dec 17 2003, 10:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr impala @ Dec 17 2003, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -T [email protected] 17 2003, 05:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--mr impala
@Dec 17 2003, 07:52 PM
The Adex is a clone Dippinit is correct but a clone of a product that has not been made for a very very long time. Andy took the adel dump and made it more accurate and able to tolerate the types of pressure we  put through them. There are a few copies but none are backed with a lifetime warranty  :biggrin:

But considering he owns the patent technically it really wouldn't be a clone, am I right or wrong???
Well he stamps them to look as if they are OG. Im sure Andy will see this and speak on it.[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: he did that cuz he wanted to make it look exactly like the original adels

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
He produces the dumps for the antique war bird restorers as well. That is why they are made as identical to the Adel as possible. As far as I know. The actual O.G. Adels and The new Adex version are the only ones made with the same internal valving. All the other "square dumps" are made too look like an Adel but have a totally different valve inside. Like 83 coupe said. Why they charge $200.-$300. for them? :uh: Cuz they can :biggrin: Did youreally have to ask or did you just want to start up a topic :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
just get an adex!

i have heard something like 7 out of 10 of the other adel clones work right, and that was supposed to be when they were new. i dont really like those odds.

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE+Dec 17 2003, 07:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T BONE @ Dec 17 2003, 07:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 07:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--T BONE
@Dec 17 2003, 12:17 PM

:confused: :confused: ADEX IS a clone to a ADEL. Right down to the 1956 stamp. :confused: :confused: You mean a clone to a clone? Or do you mean that the ADEX clones aren't as good as a ADEX clone? To answer your question, there seems to be no patent left on ADEL, so everyone is claiming they bought the rights. As far as quality, comes down to who has the best resources to "copy" Adel. I guess ADEX is better than others. :dunno: And they charge more for it
Adex is not a clone, andy lodi owns the patent for that dump.[/b][/quote]
Al Crane also said he owns the patent for Adel and even uses the name. If Andy owns the patent, why does he not go after these others for infringment?? Have you driven to Andys' shop in Ca. to see the patent, or are you going off rumors?? :dunno: I believe the patent ran out like the Dayton wheel, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I believe there is no patent left since ADEL is no longer around. :cool:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by T BONE+Dec 17 2003, 06:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (T BONE @ Dec 17 2003, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2003, 07:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--T BONE
@Dec 17 2003, 12:17 PM

Adex is not a clone, andy lodi owns the patent for that dump.[/b][/quote]
The Adex dump is a clone, Adel had the patent, then Hydro Aire took the patent over when they bought out Adel. The patent expired 20 years after it was issued. So anyone can copy it now. But keep in mind, none of the current clone dumps are aircraft dumps. They are copies of an aircraft Adel square aircraft dump...right down to the incorrect cure dates, but are NOT aircraft dumps...In order for a dump to be considered as an aircraft dump, it would have been design for aircraft purposes and certified for aircraft useage by the FAA, DOD or MIL. At the moment all current clones seem to fail meeting this criteria. But I will admit, the Adex is probably the best clone out there...But the original Adel square (known as a candle stick in the 60's and 70's) will always be number 1......if they weren't, people wouldn't be copying them...

D

·
0 Posts
True Dat. I didn't even think about being FAA approved. I did also hear that Hydro-Aire owns the rights. That to me is more believable than these other guys. They are still in business in Burbank. :biggrin: So it is established, they are all clones :cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts