LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 23 2003, 09:54 AM
I don't believe someone sold 4 adexs to replace them with adels...

Thats plain dumb..  
If you forget all about the names of the dumps and concentrate on the inner workings and reliability of them, WOULD YOU EVER REPLACE AN ADEX WITH AN ADEL????

" True but the failure rate for Adex is pretty good"

do you mean in a good way or bad??

Its my understanding that all adex's are serialized and documented (much like all aircraft components) so if ever there is a bad one, I may be wrong but I'm very sure Andy would want it in his hands and either fix it for free or replace it...

Thats not a fact but you could always give him a call to verify that!
Yes I would replace an Adex with a NOS Adel in a heart beat!!!!

I hope the book your writing on Hydros is base on facts and not asumption or personal preference, I suggest you to do your research on the Adel square and the history behind it and the role it has played in the lowriding culture... and why Andy chose that dump in particular to clone... Then maybe you'll have some repect for it.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by ragtopking@Dec 23 2003, 03:05 PM

Thanks Jason for sheding some light on this... Give me a call.
Hey Zeke, if I dont talk to you before christmas, have a good one.

I just noticed you are in Premier now, congrats homie. Tell Abel, Danny, and Richee I said Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
If I had a NOS Adel, I would NEVER use it. They are about as rare as hens teeth. I would be scared to use it.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by ragtopking+Dec 23 2003, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ragtopking @ Dec 23 2003, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo@Dec 23 2003, 09:54 AM

Thats plain dumb..  
If you forget all about the names of the dumps and concentrate on the inner workings and reliability of them, WOULD YOU EVER REPLACE AN ADEX WITH AN ADEL????

Its my understanding that all adex's are serialized and documented (much like all aircraft components) so if ever there is a bad one, I may be wrong but I'm very sure Andy would want it in his hands and either fix it for free or replace it...

Yes I would replace an Adex with a NOS Adel in a heart beat!!!!

I hope the book your writing on Hydros is base on facts and not asumption or personal preference, I suggest you to do your research on the Adel square and the history behind it and the role it has played in the lowriding culture... and why Andy chose that dump in particular to clone... Then maybe you'll have some repect for it.[/b][/quote]
I Haven't wrote anything based on history..

The Science of Hydraulic Suspension is a book to teach people how a system functions, how each of the components work and tips and tricks on things to improve a system to put an end to the HYDRAULIC BASHING which occurs only when people don't COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND what they are doing..

I never said once in the book to purchase one companies product over anothers and anything in the book is based on tests and experiments I've completed myself.

I could never publish something to the world that would make myself look like a fool because I copied someone else's info and was never there to see it or touch it for my self...

I'm more interested in teaching people that want to learn than sharing second hand history that only few people would be interested in..

BTW, Give me your mailing info and I'll send you a copy for your review upon release..

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
I'd used an Adel also, It's part of the the original theme for an aircraft setup.

I'd like to buy an original working Adel myself, but with so many clones, and I, not really being able to tell the difference, would prefer not to make fool of myself showing off what I think is an original Adel.
Of course, I would not hop on it, I'd baby it.

If anyone is interested, there will be some aircraft hoses and cyclinders posted soon on SD. Not mine, just posting for someone else.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Dec 23 2003, 01:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Dec 23 2003, 01:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ragtopking@Dec 23 2003, 03:05 PM

Thanks Jason for sheding some light on this... Give me a call.
Hey Zeke, if I dont talk to you before christmas, have a good one.

I just noticed you are in Premier now, congrats homie. Tell Abel, Danny, and Richee I said Merry Christmas.[/b][/quote]
Hello Jason,

Thanks, Happy Holidays to you and your Family too..

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Dec 23 2003, 10:54 AM

Thats plain dumb..

I am not saying the Adex's were faulty. He could have got Teflon or dirt in them . That's why I didn't mention it. I sold him 5 Adel, one with a burned Candle, and one with a leaky bottom for $500. So he switched out some of them, :biggrin:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts