LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear some opinions on which is the better dump for hopping. I have a rag 64 SS I'm doing all out. Has full chromed undercarriage, powdercoated frame, and more. Has 8's in the front and 11's in the rear. My setup is a 4 pump BLVD setup with 1in ports. I have 2 huge chromed parker checks and a faucet slow down (looking for old zig zag style!) for the front and it's plumbed for single dump. Now I have an Adel and some monster greens. My question is what dump should I use?? A new adex or go with the monster green?? What performs the best?? I have watermans on the rear pumps so kinda wanted to go with the monster green for that OG look with all those big dumps but want performance at the max. Can I hear some suggestions as well as any kind of comments or anything. Also seems to some the monster greens are way more wanted and rare then adex's are so what are they like compared to each other in price?? I've seen Adexs anywhere from 400 up. So are the Monster greens worth that? More?? Less??? Please give me some insight!! Would like to hear from DIPPINIT, OGCADDY, VAGASHOPPER as they seen to know alot!! ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Dec 24 2003, 05:09 PM
WELL I'M NOT VEGA-SHOPPER ,BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND ADEX FOR DOUBLE PUMP.....
Didn't mean to exclude anyone just seen them talk on matters like this alot and they seem to know. I was hoping to hear everyones opinions. Now that you say Adex can you say why?? Pros and cons. Stuff like that. Why are the monsters so wanted then if they aren't better then a Adex? Please let me hear what everyone out there thinks.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I WAS JUST PLAY AROUND WITH MARKS NAME......MARK WORKS FOR ME....AS FOR THE PROS AND CONS.....MONSTER GREENS (16 AS)IS THE PART # FOR REFERNCE ,ARE NOT GOOD FOR 2 PUMPS ,IF YOUR TRYING TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SET-UP...THEY CAN'T HANDLE THAT PRESSURE SPIKE.....THE DUMP WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGHNED FOR 3000 PSI....NOW DON,T GET ME WRONG IT'S A REALLY GOOD VALVE, BUT THE ADEX IS THE BEST FOR THAT SET-UP..............IF YOU WERE SINGLE , THAT DUMP WOULD BETTER SUIT YOUR NEEDS

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
seen both and have used both. like black magic said you are better off going with an adex with 2 to the nose. for one adex is a great product, 2 unbelievable customer service, 3 if something goes wrong parts are available. adex is tried and tested and it holds up great thats about all i can say so i hope this helps

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Dec 24 2003, 06:28 PM
I WAS JUST PLAY AROUND WITH MARKS NAME......MARK WORKS FOR ME....AS FOR THE PROS AND CONS.....MONSTER GREENS (16 AS)IS THE PART # FOR REFERNCE ,ARE NOT GOOD FOR 2 PUMPS ,IF YOUR TRYING TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SET-UP...THEY CAN'T HANDLE THAT PRESSURE SPIKE.....THE DUMP WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGHNED FOR 3000 PSI....NOW DON,T GET ME WRONG IT'S A REALLY GOOD VALVE, BUT THE ADEX IS THE BEST FOR THAT SET-UP..............IF YOU WERE SINGLE , THAT DUMP WOULD BETTER SUIT YOUR NEEDS
What if I used 2 monsters?? Would that take away from performance not being able to run one dump to the nose? This is my first single dump to the front setup and don't really know the difference it has running a single dump to the nose instead of 2. Just see most hoppers out there doing it so I figured it was the way to go. Can you tell me some differences between having 2 dumps to the front and a single one? What's the advantages/disadvantages?? Spit some knowledge man as I'm trying to learn here! Any tips would be great. I want this setup to really work but at the same time do something alot of folks don't got. I don't see to many monster greens on cars out there. So figured I stand out a little with them. Plus I figured they handled the most pressure and outperformed all dumps. I fell in love with these dumps back in 98 when Hi-Low add came out with the elite 2000 pumps and on the pic the dump was a chromed monster green. Had seen Adels and such but never one of those. After that I vowed to have them on my car one day. Sorry for the long message :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Do you intend to hop the hell out of this car?

Do you want maximum performance?

How many batteries will you be using?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Hydros@Dec 24 2003, 07:25 PM
Do you intend to hop the hell out of this car?

Do you want maximum performance?

How many batteries will you be using?
The car will be more for looks but come down to go time I want it to really swang!! Rarely going to hop it except for shows once in awhile and to show up any contenders when cruising this summer. Now this won't be a show car just trying to get it close to one as possible but still roll it all the time. I was hoping to only have to use 8 batteries for a clean and not too cluttered trunk. Now I don't expect to be winning world records or anything but I do want maximum performance. Can I get the car really moving with only 8 batteries? I'm new to the hopping world so trying to learn as much as possible. I've had setups before but they were all basic. This is my first try at trying to hit back bumper! Also can anyone help me out with this one. What is the best motor out there to use? I seen these old school prestolites that look different then the average motor. Are those any good? What is the best motor? But to stay on the actual topic what differences will there be betweeen the 2 dumps?? And what will be the difference in performance of usuing 2 monster greens to the front instead of a single Adex? Still want to know that. Keep the posts coming!!!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Let's see if I remember this correctly, two pumps will get you up higher. It's when you come down and then hit the switch there is a shock to the fluid or a pressure spike.

When this spike happens, it can double the pressure of the fluid forcing against all inside areas of the hydraulic system.

The way I see it, using two pumps would bust the 3000PSI 2 post Big green Hydro-aire valve, but the Adex or was it the Adex Super Duty valve can take this pressure spike.

It sounds like with 8 batteries, you are very serious about what you want.

Now there are other valves out there made for 5000PSI use. I guess they have their pros and cons. Seeing these types of valves on your setup my raise some eyebrows, good and bad. I don't think the everyday crowd is used to seeing these yet.

Seeing an Adex Super Duty would seem to earn you more respect from the everyday crowd.

This is just my opinion, I have only single hopped using the Hydro-aire 2 port, Big Green.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
ADEX ;) :cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Hydros@Dec 25 2003, 01:59 AM
Let's see if I remember this correctly, two pumps will get you up higher. It's when you come down and then hit the switch there is a shock to the fluid or a pressure spike.

When this spike happens, it can double the pressure of the fluid forcing against all inside areas of the hydraulic system.

The way I see it, using two pumps would bust the 3000PSI 2 post Big green Hydro-aire valve, but the Adex or was it the Adex Super Duty valve can take this pressure spike.

It sounds like with 8 batteries, you are very serious about what you want.

Now there are other valves out there made for 5000PSI use. I guess they have their pros and cons. Seeing these types of valves on your setup my raise some eyebrows, good and bad. I don't think the everyday crowd is used to seeing these yet.

Seeing an Adex Super Duty would seem to earn you more respect from the everyday crowd.

This is just my opinion, I have only single hopped using the Hydro-aire 2 port, Big Green.
:biggrin: Thanks for the info HYDROS!! Keep it coming as well as the rest of yall let me hear some opinions here! Now on to the questions I haven't had answered. 1-Need to know advantages/disadvantages of having a single dump to the nose compared to running 2 dumps to the nose? Any loss of performance? Why is one or the other better??? 2-Is 8 batteries enough to have me skywalkin?? 3-Oil filters...What are they for, do they help, etc???? PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE! 4-Prices, what are these monster greens worth as compared to ADEX?? I see Adex all day but rarely come accross monsters!! Wouldn't they be worth more?? Less?? 5-What is the best motor? What is difference of old school prestos and new motors out there? I know there is someone out there that considers themselves a hydro know it all and can educate me on the hopping game!! Don't need all the secrets just enough to get a newbie hoppers foot in the door. Pretend you are me and have a few G's to build one hell of a setup. So far I have 4 pumps w/ 1in. ports, huge parker checks, monster green dumps, and some other knick knacks. Car is running watermans on the rears. Mostly asking about the front. Unless someone has something to say. Want to know what LIL members would do to finish up the setup and have it swangin as possible. Anyone have ideas?? I haven't been a penny pincher so far and don't plan to be now. Let's hear the ideas and keep em coming!! Pretend you are trying to make the pages of LRM. Also to HYDROS.....there are more 5000psi valves out there was a quote from you. What are they?? Like I said I want a unique setup and with everyone running Adex you can't be too unique with one. ;) Someone school me here!! Not too much time left and need some ideas to finish up the car.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly@Dec 25 2003, 05:32 PM
I see Adex all day but rarely come accross monsters!!
The reason for this is, they are better. Adex is far better than a hydroaire, if the hydroaire was as good, someone would reproduce it. There is a reason the Adel was reproduced as an Adex, its because of performance. The Adel is far more reliable and OG than a monster green. I can get monster greens all day long for around $125-200, reason is, they aint worth shit. Try buying a nice OG Adel for that price.

I have to say Adex all day long, its perfect inside and out. I dont care if you buy a NOS Hydroaire, its not going to look good, or perform as good as an Adex, and of course with Adex you get the peice of mind that if a problem does occur, you have the best warranty in the industry.

D

·
0 Posts
I'll try to keep this short. 1. A single dump is supposed to dump more evenly, instead of coordinating 2 to dump in sync. (in theory) Sometimes you see cars hopping uneven, because of 2 dumps. 2. 8 batteries is the most you can run to one motor, so the 2 front pumps will either be sharing 8 or 4 & 4. I had 14 batteries in my 63HT so it was 7 & 7 to the front. 3. Filters, could serve a purpose, mostly for show. 4. Price, can't put a price on reliability, and some shops charge more than others. It is what you are comfortable with. Shop around, ask around. I like Hoppo's 909 986 1711.
5 If you want performance and reliability run Adex. It is new, accurate and trouble free. The Old Aircraft is not made to handle these pressures. You may be different, but could be broken down. Parts are not as available. Always keep it in perspective, most back bumper cars don't last long, especially rags, and the only one I can think of that still does this to rags is Del Toro. Make your car a balance between fun hopping and reliable. You don't want to be stuck on Friday night with your hyna with you, callin a tow truck. Hope this helps :biggrin:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Dec 26 2003, 04:30 PM
I'll try to keep this short. 1. A single dump is supposed to dump more evenly, instead of coordinating 2 to dump in sync. (in theory) Sometimes you see cars hopping uneven, because of 2 dumps. 2. 8 batteries is the most you can run to one motor, so the 2 front pumps will either be sharing 8 or 4 & 4. I had 14 batteries in my 63HT so it was 7 & 7 to the front. 3. Filters, could serve a purpose, mostly for show. 4. Price, can't put a price on reliability, and some shops charge more than others. It is what you are comfortable with. Shop around, ask around. I like Hoppo's 909 986 1711.
5 If you want performance and reliability run Adex. It is new, accurate and trouble free. The Old Aircraft is not made to handle these pressures. You may be different, but could be broken down. Parts are not as available. Always keep it in perspective, most back bumper cars don't last long, especially rags, and the only one I can think of that still does this to rags is Del Toro. Make your car a balance between fun hopping and reliable. You don't want to be stuck on Friday night with your hyna with you, callin a tow truck. Hope this helps :biggrin:
Really good insight. I building a client's 64 with 3-2 comp pumps frt, fourteen 31's, and one adex to control the front, reg italians in rear.

Without the best dump in town there's no use building it.

Whats in a name? (monster green) I just want it to work. MC

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
One thing I would like to add, just for the hell of it.

Back in the old days, no one really ran hydroaire's. everyone ran adels, in the 60's-80's no one really ran a monster green. Even in the late 80's people were still running the Adel. It want until the early to mid 90's that people started to run the monster green, and then in the late 90's when Adex came out, everyone eventually switched to the Adex.

I was tlkaing to Andy Lodi today about it, and the funny thing is even he said, if the montergreen hydroaire was a good dump he would he reproduced it, but the choice is obvious.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I knew to leave it to you guys to tell me what's up. I was wondering where yall where at for awhile!!!!!! Wasn't getting replies. DIPPINIT and OGCADDY you guys are the shit. Not taking away from the rest of yall out there but when you want expertise you go to the experts!! THANKS GUYS!!! PLEASE keep more info coming! All yall try and show me and tell me what's up please. Not swangin on nobodys nuts so don't want to keep having to ask the pros mentioned above. Also would like some insight on other dump valves out there. Hydro aire rounds and stuff like that. What are they like?? Keep the posts coming guys. I'll post some pics of the car as I get going more. Want to get the body back on the frame then will do a post of me finishing it and the setup and stuff. And to DIPPINIT and OGCADDY and them we need to kick it so yall can school me on the game. My car is gonna be a omage to L.A. lowriders. We all try to copy that style but can't seem to duplicate it. But I'm gonna come close!! :biggrin: I hope......... :dunno:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly@Dec 26 2003, 05:08 PM
I knew to leave it to you guys to tell me what's up. I was wondering where yall where at for awhile!!!!!! Wasn't getting replies. DIPPINIT and OGCADDY you guys are the shit. Not taking away from the rest of yall out there but when you want expertise you go to the experts!! THANKS GUYS!!! PLEASE keep more info coming! All yall try and show me and tell me what's up please. Not swangin on nobodys nuts so don't want to keep having to ask the pros mentioned above. Also would like some insight on other dump valves out there. Hydro aire rounds and stuff like that. What are they like?? Keep the posts coming guys. I'll post some pics of the car as I get going more. Want to get the body back on the frame then will do a post of me finishing it and the setup and stuff. And to DIPPINIT and OGCADDY and them we need to kick it so yall can school me on the game. My car is gonna be a omage to L.A. lowriders. We all try to copy that style but can't seem to duplicate it. But I'm gonna come close!! :biggrin: I hope......... :dunno:
Where are you from?????

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Dec 26 2003, 04:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Dec 26 2003, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--impalasonly@Dec 26 2003, 05:08 PM
Where are you from?????[/b][/quote]
I rep the 360!! Washington State. Close to Cali but not close in ride quality!! But we getting there!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Can't keep us down :biggrin: We need to all meet up at a show this summer and b.s about rides and hydros and thangs. I'm moving back to the east coast soon but grew up here and stay during the spring and summer to work. I've been slowly seeing some hot ass rides busting out of the N.W.!!!!!!! Trying to show them all up and let them see a real rag 64!!! But they keeping me on my toes up here!! I don't bring my cars out east as they don't like these rides as much and it will probably rot away if I kept it at my house over there. Plus they sweat my Escalade enough over there and it is still sittin on old dubs!! Not even 22's or bigger. But more info on this topic please and someone please start posting pics of setups with unique plumbing like hydro-aires, watermans, etc. Who gots em?? Also still looking for deals on a chromed or polished Adex as well as 3 oild filters for my setup polished or chromed if possible. Post some pics and prices of what yall got. Also still after some good water faucet slows. Who out there can help me out???????

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by impalasonly+Dec 26 2003, 06:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impalasonly @ Dec 26 2003, 06:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 04:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--impalasonly
@Dec 26 2003, 05:08 PM

Where are you from?????
I rep the 360!! Washington State. Close to Cali but not close in ride quality!! But we getting there!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Can't keep us down :biggrin: We need to all meet up at a show this summer and b.s about rides and hydros and thangs. I'm moving back to the east coast soon but grew up here and stay during the spring and summer to work. I've been slowly seeing some hot ass rides busting out of the N.W.!!!!!!! Trying to show them all up and let them see a real rag 64!!! But they keeping me on my toes up here!! I don't bring my cars out east as they don't like these rides as much and it will probably rot away if I kept it at my house over there. Plus they sweat my Escalade enough over there and it is still sittin on old dubs!! Not even 22's or bigger. But more info on this topic please and someone please start posting pics of setups with unique plumbing like hydro-aires, watermans, etc. Who gots em?? Also still looking for deals on a chromed or polished Adex as well as 3 oild filters for my setup polished or chromed if possible. Post some pics and prices of what yall got. Also still after some good water faucet slows. Who out there can help me out???????[/b][/quote]
Hoppo's 909 986 1711 has all the aircraft parts you could want. He has a line of dumps hanging on the wall. You can buy them reasonable. Zig Zag slow downs in stock. As I said earlier bragging rights come with a price, so if you run 4 gates and old dumps, you are likely to have some troube. There is nothing worse than working on hydraulics when you are dressed for a show. With your 1" ports will increase volume but decrease PSI. It is best to run #6 or #8. Keep it simple, hard line it, and put the money in the paint and chrome. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts