LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a L.A. series kit from prohopper with a adex. im putting all the fittings together now. On the adex there is a pressure port and a return port on the same side. on the other side there is a brake port. the way i am running it is with the slowdown tee'ed off of the main flow. From the slow down valve, to my adex and back to the resevoir. My question is do i use the pressure and the return or can i use the pressure to the brake. Does it make any different's? If there is a different's please let me know the best way to hook this up. Thanks

·
Registered
859 Posts
on mine I plugged the pressure port used the return to go back to the tank and the brake is hooked into the tee off of the main pressure.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by LOW68CHEVY@Aug 19 2006, 04:56 PM~6001065
on mine I plugged the pressure port used the return to go back to the tank and the brake is hooked into the tee off of the main pressure.
yes yes yall

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by LOW68CHEVY@Aug 19 2006, 03:56 PM~6001065
Yeah but can i run it with out having it tee'ed off the main pressure?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by NY G-LACCIN@Aug 19 2006, 05:33 PM~6001204
Yeah but can i run it with out having it tee'ed off the main pressure?
do you want to run the pressure through the adex then?

i wouldnt really recommend that on a street setup but if you insist..

return = back to the tank

brake = to the cylinder

pressure = from the pump, after the check valve

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by NY G-LACCIN@Aug 19 2006, 05:39 PM~6001223
No, thats not what i mean i'll post a pic later so i dont need to confuse myself.
and us, lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the way i have it now and i dont like the way that it is cluttered with the return hose. Is there a better way to fix this up?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
looks good
i use the pressure port on the side of the dump that has one hole (Brake)
and dump on the (return) side
in other words the pressure one side and dump on the other
just like your picture but with the dump upside down and the return on the bottom
i also put my slowdown after the dump
these things are pretty heavy duty
if it were a Hydro-aire then i'de really put a slowdown before the dump

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i can use the brake on one side and the return on the other and i wont have any problems? The other thing is what would be the difference of having my slow down after the dump compared to having it before?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by NY G-LACCIN@Aug 21 2006, 06:44 AM~6009452
So i can use the brake on one side and the return on the other and i wont have any problems? The other thing is what would be the difference of having my slow down after the dump compared to having it before?
yes you can plum it that way
people say it's less stress on your dumps when running your slowdown after the dump but thats the reason you buy squares QUALITY
ive never had a problem
probably makes no difference, people know what you got under the trunk when they hear them loud clicks (Adel,Adex)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Hoss805@Aug 21 2006, 02:32 PM~6010839
people say it's less stress on your dumps when running your slowdown after the dump but thats the reason you buy squares QUALITY
ive never had a problem
probably makes no difference,  people know what you got under the trunk when they hear them loud clicks (Adel,Adex)
Sounds good. Thank you for helping me out. im going to finish it this wed. so ill let you know if i have any more questions.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss805@Aug 21 2006, 03:32 PM~6010839
ive never had a problem
probably makes no difference,  people know what you got under the trunk when they hear them loud clicks (Adel,Adex)
I think you meant to say before ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts