LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never used this,,and i hear this thrown around in alot of topics.....what is it?what does it do?how much is it?is it a sprayable,,,,,,,,,,,,any and all info on this ..let me know....thnx

·
Registered
160 Posts
Adhesion promoter helps the paint STICK. mostly i use it on Plastic or trim pieces because it acts as a tie coat and a flex agent. Get some "BullDog" adhesion promoter thats the best shit right thrr. U'll wanna Degrease ur pieces, Tack them off, then 2 medium wet coats of the Adhesion promoter and start painting. cheap too like 10 bucks for a quart. so dont cheap out and not use it cause your shit will start flaking. :biggrin:

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
yeah bull dogg, they sell it at the paint stores and ive even seen it at pep boys and o reilys. it comes in quarts and in spray cans, fairly cheap too. works great for those places that you cant quite get the sandpaper in.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
adhesion promoter would be for i belive is 3 types of plastics,theres primer p.o, and adhesion promoter with flex,,thers few ways to find out what to use,,one is to burn a piece,,it might burn black ,or clean like a candle,another is float or sink in water,,,but bulldog is your best bet if your not sure

·
Registered
251 Posts
Originally posted by AriZoNa-KiD@Oct 28 2007, 12:31 PM~9100433
Adhesion promoter helps the paint STICK. mostly i use it on Plastic or trim pieces because it acts as a tie coat and a flex agent. Get some  "BullDog" adhesion promoter thats the best shit right thrr. U'll wanna Degrease ur pieces, Tack them off, then 2 medium wet coats of the Adhesion promoter and start painting. cheap too like 10 bucks for a quart. so dont cheap out and not use it cause your shit will start flaking. :biggrin:
Ive used this stuff three times. each time i have had a bad reaction in the paint.
anybody know what would cause this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts