LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im keeping my stereo stock in my cadillac deville concours. Because I am putting a wood kit in it. I was told I can run my two 15's with an amp pushing those. And one amp pushing my highs? im my old 91 deville I was using a custom deck and could run 2 amps to my mids and highs?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
You might be able to use your deck along with a Converter to run RCA's for your amps, but the signal from those decks is pretty crappy and you are not gonne get a good voltage output for your amp, and this may cause distortion. You could go with a Converter, and a line booseter, but again the quality of signal will be degraded if you use that factory deck. You know that they have Aftermarket deck with the wood grain finish if you are set on that.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
It can be done, but like dirty said, you'll have a crappy signal. I've seen a lot of newer impalas that have had to do it, since it's all tied in with the airbag and shit. But if that's not the case then go with an aftermarket.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 26 2003, 01:15 AM
It can be done, but like dirty said, you'll have a crappy signal. I've seen a lot of newer impalas that have had to do it, since it's all tied in with the airbag and shit. But if that's not the case then go with an aftermarket.
fuckin crappy new cars :angry:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac6@Dec 24 2003, 08:44 PM
Im keeping my stereo stock in my cadillac deville concours. Because I am putting a wood kit in it. I was told I can run my two 15's with an amp pushing those. And one amp pushing my highs? im my old 91 deville I was using a custom deck and could run 2 amps to my mids and highs?
what up B.

Advantages - no one's gonna jack your stereo
don't need to get an adapter for your ride

Disadvatages -
volume control to the amp
cd or tape deck might fuk up faster than a new deck
not much punch from amps

You can do this though, who ever told you is correct. Though what you will be needing is called and RF Modulator. It connects to your left and right rear speakers or front speakers. This allows you to recieve the 'input' that you need for sound, and then from there you hook up the RCA's to the amp to the modulator like you would a new deck. One of the bad things that I have noticed, is that the sound quality isn't as good, and you'll end up tinkering like crazy trying to balence the volumes. The RF Modulator also has volume adjusters, but they are for right and left channels, and then there's the amp gain, and radio volume. Save yourself the headache and just have a new deck in there. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by foey@Dec 26 2003, 03:23 PM
Though what you will be needing is called and RF Modulator. It connects to your left and right rear speakers or front speakers. This allows you to recieve the 'input' that you need for sound, and then from there you hook up the RCA's to the amp to the modulator like you would a new deck.
RF modulater? wouldn't you run a line converter?? :dunno:

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Dec 26 2003, 02:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Dec 26 2003, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--foey@Dec 26 2003, 03:23 PM
Though what you will be needing is called and RF Modulator. It connects to your left and right rear speakers or front speakers. This allows you to recieve the 'input' that you need for sound, and then from there you hook up the RCA's to the amp to the modulator like you would a new deck.
RF modulater? wouldn't you run a line converter?? :dunno:[/b][/quote]
I forget which one it is, but it looks like this

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Dec 26 2003, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Dec 26 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 02:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--foey
@Dec 26 2003, 03:23 PM

[/b][/quote]
yea, i don't think converting it to rca's has anything to do with Radio Frequency. But i think i use an rf modulater on my tv, lol

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by foey+Dec 26 2003, 04:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (foey @ Dec 26 2003, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin--foey

[/b][/quote]
Honestly you sound pretty stupid. You talk about a RF modulator, then post a picture of a Line Level Converter, and give a discription of how you hook up a Convertor. A RF moudlator is used to hook up a CD changer via the factory decks radio frequency. Normally you tune the deck to a certain frequency, and you can play you RF modulated Changer with it.

This is not directed towards you 1ofakind

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy66 at Dec 26 2003, 07:21 PM

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Dec 26 2003, 07:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Dec 26 2003, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 04:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--foey

Honestly you sound pretty stupid. You talk about a RF modulator, then post a picture of a Line Level Converter, and give a discription of how you hook up a Convertor. A RF moudlator is used to hook up a CD changer via the factory decks radio frequency. Normally you tune the deck to a certain frequency, and you can play you RF modulated Changer with it.

This is not directed towards you 1ofakind[/b][/quote]
yea, i know. I thought he meant an rf adapter, like you would use to hook up a video game, lol. but i know what a line level converter is... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts