LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer@Sep 20 2005, 08:05 PM~3854621
better for three wheel...it makes alot of noise though. are you gonna fix up a show car or a street cruiser?

Would color matched limit straps work..
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
With a 62 impala you should not need chains to help 3 wheel at all! Are you trying to hop big inches or something? Otherwise you really don't need them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,332 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Sep 21 2005, 12:42 AM~3855182
With a 62 impala you should not need chains to help 3 wheel at all!  Are you trying to hop big inches or something?  Otherwise you really don't need them.
true, you really dont need them unless you got a bad ass hopper. no chipin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
I was gonna chain the rear end..... The chains would make it so it raises evenly each side when hopping. It would also help by chaining off the cylinders to a specific hieght so you could compress the rear springs to stiffen the rear end up for hopping (less bounce)

But I never did...cause I didn't want no noisy rattling chains!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by Lavish@Sep 21 2005, 10:10 AM~3856073
But I never did...cause I didn't want no noisy rattling chains!
It's funny because I've never even heard the chains in the back at all on my car.... :dunno:
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 21 2005, 09:23 AM~3856110
It's funny because I've never even heard the chains in the back at all on my car.... :dunno:

I have heard spooky chains driving down the street. Its only cool around halloween. :biggrin:
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Jokerman brings up a good point. Some people need the chains to keep them from breaking trailing arms and such. Got to know when to stop hitting the switch up! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Sep 21 2005, 01:20 PM~3857026
Jokerman brings up a good point.  Some people need the chains to keep them from breaking trailing arms and such.  Got to know when to stop hitting the switch up!  :)
chain can be used so you can do a standing 3 without all the extra weight and chains can be used to keep the springs in the front if a ball joint breaks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was gonna chain the rear end..... The chains would make it so it raises evenly each side when hopping. It would also help by chaining off the cylinders to a specific hieght so you could compress the rear springs to stiffen the rear end up for hopping (less bounce)

But I never did...cause I didn't want no noisy rattling chains!


Thanks Lavish i will take your word for it and leave it alone
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by locobounce@Sep 21 2005, 02:44 PM~3857642
you didnt hear them, but everone else on the road did !


:roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
A tip

What I did was take some bicycle inner tube and pull the chain through the the tube. You can then either heat the rubber, or if its already tight enough leave it just like that.

Waola~ no road noise. :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by locobounce@Sep 21 2005, 02:47 PM~3857662
A tip

What I did was take some bicycle inner tube and pull the chain through the the tube.  You can then either heat the rubber, or if its already tight enough leave it just like that.

Waola~ no road noise. :biggrin:

I'm sure that looks better than duct tape wrapped chain I've heard some guys talking about.....


Oh well maybe I'll just chrome plate my chains and leave them that way..... LoL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49,409 Posts
Just a thought, and I'm sure it's been mentioned before but why not use cable(s)??
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top