LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 85 Monte Carlo SS and all original nothings been changed out and i got it almost 10 years ago and it looks nice but could use some freshining up well my questions is if i start replacing stuff one it like redo the engine or interior mayb fix or even change the decals to newer ones what will it do to the value? Opinions are all welcome good or bad i know fixing up would be ideal but using reproduction as opposed to whats already there is where im stuck so let me know what you guys think

·
1964 chevrolet
3,812 Posts
I have a 85 Monte Carlo SS and all original nothings been changed out and i got it almost 10 years ago and it looks nice but could use some freshining up well my questions is if i start replacing stuff one it like redo the engine or interior mayb fix or even change the decals to newer ones what will it do to the value? Opinions are all welcome good or bad i know fixing up would be ideal but using reproduction as opposed to whats already there is where im stuck so let me know what you guys think
I wouldnt see it doing anything to the value of the car keep in mind its a 85 monte carlo them things are still a dime a dozen

·
Registered
215 Posts
What color? I ask because for instance the burgundy/ maroon color with the orange/red/blue stripes aren't available. Make sure u can find the correct ones, also make sure the decals are 3m cuz the cheap eBay ones shrink!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does have low miles the owner before me purchased new and he became handicap so needless to say didnt drive and when i had purchased came with all books and every single paper from when he purchased so i figured one day be worth something and i checked on craigslist like i said before each super sport either primed or inside look like shit and no decals

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Here is a very nice 86 with 32,000 miles that barely sold for under 10 grand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clas...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a127b5e67#ht_500wt_1182

Mont SS's will never be big money collector cars. Maybe in 30 years but not anytime soon. Remember, the SS package included cosmetics and a high output 180 hp smog motor 305 that did 15.9 sec in the quarter mile. The same year Tahoe(96) was faster with 15.7 in the 1/4 mile

·
El ocho
6,590 Posts
Here is a very nice 86 with 32,000 miles that barely sold for under 10 grand. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clas...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a127b5e67#ht_500wt_1182Mont SS's will never be big money collector cars. Maybe in 30 years but not anytime soon. Remember, the SS package included cosmetics and a high output 180 hp smog motor 305 that did 15.9 sec in the quarter mile. The same year Tahoe(96) was faster with 15.7 in the 1/4 mile
Oh dam beat by the tahoe lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts