LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal. the setup on my car is 2 pump 2 dump 2 switch F/B only. with 2 accumulators. now when im riding its cool, but when i turn it leans and then it takes a while to level out on its own. so basically when i turn have to level it out with the switch....turning real slow no prob, what will solve this problem.....i know adding another dump, but is there any other solution, trying to stay away from tearing down the whole setup, because i like the 2 pump 2 dump setup look if i add dumps then i have to add more accumulators and more shut off valves and chrome more fittings and bend new lines and all that ...basically have to redo the whole setup, trying to stay away from that....any suggestions???

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
Maybe try swaybars, Front and back ,or more pressure in your accumulators
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49,409 Posts
I removed my front sway bar and had the same problem.....

I re-installed it last weekend and it rides like NIGHT & DAY

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well at first i thought it was the accumulator so i closed up the slow downs and it still does it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Aug 27 2005, 04:30 PM~3704469
I removed my front sway bar and had the same problem.....

I re-installed it last weekend and it rides like NIGHT & DAY

:cool:
pics of what you did??
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 27 2005, 07:32 PM~3704482
pics of what you did??
he put the sway bar back on you jackass :uh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 27 2005, 05:44 PM~3704532
oh is that what he did
Sorry bro, i don't have pics but I originally took it off for a better side-2-side and it floated all over the damn place and was hardly controllable.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Aug 27 2005, 06:06 PM~3704562
Sorry bro, i don't have pics but I originally took it off for a better side-2-side and it floated all over the damn place and was hardly controllable.......
i think what lone star means is that the car dips to one side after a turn and stays that way until the fluid transfers back or until he hit the switch to even it out
 

·
True-S Mike
Joined
·
251 Posts
mine was the same way ( y in front ) i know you said you would hate to, but add the other 2 dumps. its soooooo nice to have the car level when turning now. and i didnt want to redo it either. and if i were you, i'd just put the other accume on the rear and leave the front as is without them. my car is fine with them just on the ass. but again, thats may just be me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info..........i never removed any sway bar up front . i was thinking you fabricated something up. i usually ride around with the front dumped all the way and i can tolerate the bounce but when i tap it up and get some oil in the accumulator....it makes a big difference.....i was think i could run 2 dumps behind the false wall and have them hidden.....that would mean 3 dumps to the front..............that way i dont have to rearrange the WHOLE SETUP but i dont know if that would even work :happysad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 27 2005, 06:21 PM~3704604
thanks for the info..........i never removed any sway bar up front . i was thinking you fabricated something up. i usually ride around with the front dumped all the way and i can tolerate the bounce but when i tap it up and get some oil in the accumulator....it makes a big difference.....i was think i could run 2 dumps behind the false wall and have them hidden.....that would mean 3 dumps to the front..............that way i dont have to rearrange the WHOLE SETUP but i dont know if that would even work  :happysad:
faking :nono: do it right :cool:
 

·
True-S Mike
Joined
·
251 Posts
c'mon, its nice now, just think how much nicer it could be with 2 more dumps and 2 more accumes. :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Aug 27 2005, 07:00 PM~3704837
c'mon, its nice now, just think how much nicer it could be with 2 more dumps and 2 more accumes.      :cheesy:
alot more than that really......2 dumps 2 accums 2 faucet slow downs 2 checks 2 more oil coolers probaby a few more misc fittings, new lines bent, and then chrome plated. probably going to be up there clsoe to 600-800 bucks for it all.... :(



probably cheaper to sell the setup and buy a new 2 pump 4 dump setup :uh: :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by lone star@Aug 27 2005, 07:21 PM~3704604
thanks for the info..........i never removed any sway bar up front . i was thinking you fabricated something up. i usually ride around with the front dumped all the way and i can tolerate the bounce but when i tap it up and get some oil in the accumulator....it makes a big difference.....i was think i could run 2 dumps behind the false wall and have them hidden.....that would mean 3 dumps to the front..............that way i dont have to rearrange the WHOLE SETUP but i dont know if that would even work  :happysad:
thats what was thinkin, put them behind the wall

plug one of the 3 ports and have the dumps power when u lift

just an idea :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by BigLinc@Aug 28 2005, 06:18 AM~3706546
thats what  was thinkin, put them behind the wall

plug one of the 3 ports and have the dumps power when u lift

just an idea :dunno:
power when i lift? i was thinking just add 2 dumps behind the wall....and splice the power wires for them to the single dump on the pump....i could use them for corner to corner or i could just use them all at once. and just have the dumps there to keep oil from transfering from the cylinders


:dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top