LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2 pump setup on my 66 belair. i have a 6 cylinder engine which means my engine bay looks empty as hell. i want to throw 1 pump in the engine bay for the front and leave the 2 pumps in the rear for the rear. would i have a problem running long bwttery wires for my pump? i have 6 batteries and plan to put 2 more, so it will be 4 for the front and 4 for the rear. how many solenoids should i be running? right now i have 2 solenoids to 3 batteries can that cause less power to my pumps?, please help me out yall, thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
ive seen pumps in the front before on a lincoln hopper with a rack built in between the grill and rad so it must work i would atleast have 3 solenoids per pump with 4 batts per pump

·
Registered
232 Posts
yeah, it can be done. Ive seen it done to big 4 door duallys where there is lots of room under the hood. when you go to 48 volts Id add another solonide to each pump so youd have 3 and that would work fine. just make sure you build a good rack for the front pump. and with that much power cord running around your car you might even want to stick like a 300 amp circuit breaker or fuse in it just to prevent fire :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I'm putting a pump in the front of 86 Burban for someone but it will be runnin of the engine batteries (2) in the engine campartment.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
how many solenoids should i be running? right now i have 2 solenoids to 3 batteries

Am I reading this right you have 2 solenoids to 3 batteies. You should be running 3 solenoids per pump, so if you got two pumps then you should be running 6 solenoids. You don't need to run it like that cause you got all the room in the front. But it depends on what you are trying to do, if you wanna hop it, then I would stick with the batteries in the back, and the pumps closer to the back seat to take advantage of the cars center of gravity, but if it is just for up and down, clown around, then you could do a single pump in the front with 3 or 4 batteries. It just looks cleaner to have everything in the back, just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts