LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advise...I've been painting for a few years now but this is my first frame off - full restoration. The customer made the mistake of having the entire truck sandblasted. Now I have a clean body to work with, but it is pitted form the blast pretty bad. What would be the best way to prep the bare metal, pits, etc. Thanks for the help! :dunno:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
use a high build epoxy or polyester primer---these will be "two" part primers so you will have a harderner------you also might look into an "etching primer" first and the the other-----there is also a really thick primer which is actually liquid filler that you can use----------good luck

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Nov 25 2003, 01:33 PM
use a high build epoxy or polyester primer---these will be "two" part primers so you will have a harderner------you also might look into an "etching primer" first and the the other-----there is also a really thick primer which is actually liquid filler that you can use----------good luck
thats really good...but would it be best to change the required panel before priming...like I dont know if by pits he meant little wholes in the sheet metal...cuz those panels would have to be change...or repair whit sheet metal...

after that the 2 base epoxy primer is a killer ;) ...i will do that to my ride when ready to restore...

Lowriderlife- you look like a really OG painter...candy, flakes, patherns...

do you have a step by step, or a technic on getting started...just after all the metal from the car is repaired...

;)

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by dabomb+Nov 25 2003, 11:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dabomb @ Nov 25 2003, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Nov 25 2003, 01:33 PM
thats really good...but would it be best to change the required panel before priming...like I dont know if by pits he meant little wholes in the sheet metal...cuz those panels would have to be change...or repair whit sheet metal...

after that the 2 base epoxy primer is a killer ;) ...i will do that to my ride when ready to restore...

Lowriderlife- you look like a really OG painter...candy, flakes, patherns...

do you have a step by step, or a technic on getting started...just after all the metal from the car is repaired...

;)[/b][/quote]
thanx for thr props bro---i don't really have anything writtn out it's just all in my head-----i am young only 31 but i just love to dive into any aspect of customizing-------i'm just really artistc and i love my lowrider lifestyle---if you have any specif questions just pm me bro---------peace

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Self etching primer and wet sanding homie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts