LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is already painted and cleared. I am gonna have it striped in a couple weeks. After it is striped should I have it recleared? Or will it be ok to just stripe over the existing clear and leave it?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
i wouldnt clear it unless you LOVED it. cause if you have any little smudges in the striping youll keep that under the clear. now if you gold leafed it and it looks good and you want to preserve it, then you might want to clear it. when you clear it, its their until you get a new paint job, or really going to take some good sanding/wet sanding to get it off

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
exactly what my homie said.......except you always have to clear gold leaf..even if you don't love it or it will tarnish
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Sep 23 2005, 08:20 AM~3871402
i wouldnt clear it unless you LOVED it. cause if you have any little smudges in the striping youll keep that  under the clear. now if you gold leafed it and it looks good and you want to preserve it, then you might want to clear it. when you clear it, its their until you get a new paint job, or really going to take some good sanding/wet sanding to get it off

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Sep 23 2005, 11:20 AM~3871402
i wouldnt clear it unless you LOVED it. cause if you have any little smudges in the striping youll keep that  under the clear. now if you gold leafed it and it looks good and you want to preserve it, then you might want to clear it. when you clear it, its their until you get a new paint job, or really going to take some good sanding/wet sanding to get it off
So if I dont clear the striping how long will it last?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
it'll be fine over the clear- under, better protection, but still ok over.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
leaf does tarnish, there is a clear that a stripers use to prevent that. you dont want the striping on your paint, you need clear, then striping then clear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts