LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 Monte Carlo and I just bought some aftermarket door panels from dixie monte carlo depot online.

The panels fit on great, and I just needed to get some new armrests. But when I got the armrests, I noticed that the holes on the door panel were way to big for the armrest screws.

I bought some fasteners, but they weren't quite big enough, so the armrest is still loose.

Has anyone used these type of door panels before that could help me out, or does any one know of any fasteners that would fit a .5inch diameter circle hole?

-Thanks

Dixie Monte Carlo Depot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the holes on the panels, but the U clips won't work. I had some on earlier, and they don't line up with the armrests at all.

Also the setup is different from the factory hardware. The factory had square openings near the back of the door panel to slide a U clip in, but these new door panels have circle holes in the center, so I would need some kind of cylinder fastener to insert in the holes.

But I have seen some pictures of these door panels on this site before, so I hope someone has already solved this problem

·
16,068 Posts
Best thing would probably be to contact dixie motorsports and ask how the arm rests are supposed to be fastened on. I would have thought they would be made like the factory ones. Post up what you find

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Nov 15 2008, 07:15 PM~12166384
Best thing would probably be to contact dixie motorsports and ask how the arm rests are supposed to be fastened on.  I would have thought they would be made like the factory ones.  Post up what you find
x2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Dixie Monte Carlo

Underneath the factory door panel is a bracket where the factory u-clips are supposed to hook up to.

Then you just line up the holes from the door panel and the armrests and put the screws in.

I never took the factory door panels off in the first place, so I assumed the hardware mounted on the panel, but it mounts underneath the panel.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by pv13@Nov 20 2008, 03:39 PM~12212374
I called Dixie Monte Carlo

Underneath the factory door panel is a bracket where the factory u-clips are supposed to hook up to.

Then you just line up the holes from the door panel and the armrests and put the screws in.

I never took the factory door panels off in the first place, so I assumed the hardware mounted on the panel, but it mounts underneath the panel.
:thumbsup: I knew they had to fit just like factory :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts