LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a guy around here in indy that I can over extend my rear bags and was wondering if this is true. He told me I should look into strapping the rear. I have never heard of this but on hydraulics so I thought I would ask here

Thanks

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 30 2005, 08:46 PM~3723231
:uh:
well, let me say it like this. the way that car is, its fine, aint shit going to happen with the bags straight up and down and the lower pressure thats ran. its a HS bag 300psi :uh: now if your going over that you might have a problem.
lets take Matts air hopping s10 for an example. he runs like 600psi to a 300psi bag and over extends them and blows out bags. but you are fine and good to go with that set up, i ran that for how long trouble free? but i guess if you wanna love a 1" of travel and strap if, go for it.
well if i was to do that i would get them 13" bags to gain some :cheesy:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i shouldnt worry then as the most that tank has in it is 250 psi and that is only for messing around, otherwise its like 212. I also dont think I have seen over 100 psi in those back bags yet either, but I was just checking as this guy has an s10 that is strapped as well and he was just saying he wanted to warn me...lol

thanks

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
well, what bags does he run in the rear? not ever one runs the high pressure bags, or bellow bags, come crazy people use sleeve bags :uh:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure he was claiming he can hope really good but my buddy that knows him said he never has seen it hop.. then I asked him if he wanted to test it out against mine but nothing yet but hopefully this weekend..lol..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Six Trey@Aug 30 2005, 10:31 PM~3723481
not sure he was claiming he can hope really good but my buddy that knows him said he never has seen it hop.. then I asked him if he wanted to test it out against mine but nothing yet but hopefully this weekend..lol..
Sounds like you got a full fledged bull shitter on your hands ...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 30 2005, 07:53 PM~3723274
well, let me say it like this. the way that car is, its fine, aint shit going to happen with the bags straight up and down and the lower pressure thats ran.  its a HS bag 300psi :uh: now if your going over that you might have a problem.
lets take Matts air hopping s10 for an example. he runs like 600psi to a 300psi bag and over extends them and blows out bags. but you are fine and good to go with that set up, i ran that for how long trouble free? but i guess if you wanna love a 1" of travel and strap if, go for it.
    well if i was to do that i would get them 13" bags to gain some  :cheesy:

He may not be over extending them. He actually maybe just blowing them due to a high pressure spike. Watch the video and see the way the truck lands. Most of the times he lands it land with full psi in the bags when it comes down. The spike in pressure must be huge.. This could also be a reason he is blowing bags.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by phatz@Aug 31 2005, 09:34 PM~3730605
He may not be over extending them. He actually maybe just blowing them due to a high pressure spike. Watch the video and see the way the truck lands. Most of the times he lands it land with full psi in the bags when it comes down. The spike in pressure must be huge.. This could also be a reason he is blowing bags.
yeah, that or im just running off of what Matt, the owner of the truck said

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
"also dont think I have seen over 100 psi in those back bags yet either"

I run at least 185 daily and have pushed 210 threw them.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 5 2005, 10:03 PM~3759132
ADD 13'' LIFT BAGS WE SELL THEM AND SHIP THEM AT KONNECTED KONCEPTS .909 483 0056. $99 EACH
if he did, the car would shack when locked up. it would need some trailing arms extended

1 - 13 of 13 Posts