LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a seville as my name would imply, curious about cost and difficulty of replacing a torsion bar system with bags, the back seems like it would be mad easy, but the front seems tricky.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
My first car (a 1965 Dodge Polara Wagon) used a torsion front end, everyone told me it wasnt possible to use an adjustable suspension (hydraulic or airbag) however, the reason they said this was yes you could raise, but then when you went to dump the torsion would come into play and return you to stock height (especially on bags). Most torsion front ends can be lowered my the turn of a bolt, so the way to do it is to crank down your torsion front end to absolute earth scraping altitude, and then the bags/hydros will have full travel. OR, depending one what kind of torsion it is using, you may or maynot be able to just flat out remove the bars...

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what I was thinking, I mean I have seen dro's on Eldorados of the same generation that have the same suspension, I just can not get my mind around how air bags would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts