LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2004 silverado 2wd 1500 shortbed in a couple of days (if everything goes well) for my daily and it will double as a work truck. I just want to put rims on it and give it a nice stance but i don't think i would be able to bag it, i'll probably be towing a trailer or loading the bed with an est. 2,000 to 3,500 lbs worth of floor tiles. Does anyone know if there are heavy-duty air-bag systems with this weight capability? Speed is not important at all, just altitude adjustment with big weight strength. It would be really sweet to see my bagged truck and my juiced regal parked next to each other at the end of a long workday. :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
airbags are used by oems as "leveling" systems for pickups. Im sure that one of these guys will be able to steer you in the right direction :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Yeah man, and if you go to a heavy duty / trucking shop, they have all sorts of HD bags for everything up to and including big rigs. I can't make specific recommendations on part #s (hopefully someone else knows specifics), but I'm sure what you need is out there.

Good luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Nov 25 2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah man, and if you go to a heavy duty / trucking shop, they have all sorts of HD bags for everything up to and including big rigs. I can't make specific recommendations on part #s (hopefully someone else knows specifics), but I'm sure what you need is out there.

Good luck!
Jeff
buses come to mind

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Hey Foompla, where are you in Jerzey? I'm in the NE, like 5-10 minutes from Paterson. Just moved here this year and still looking for people to roll with. Hit me up.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
the 2600 bags are capable of 2600 pounds of load at 150PSI..

times 2 (one on each side), gives you a 5200 pound capacity

there are bigger bags also, but those are one of the 2 most common sizes of airbags used for air ride setups..

·
Registered
343 Posts
i seen an older chevy with semi truck bags under the backend, he is a landscaper and needed to haul sidealk cement slabs s o he built a setup with those bags in the back, works great and rides good also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts