LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 caprice classic, not an ex cop car, i have 18 inch chrome boss rims, you can see my car here, http://www.cardomain.com/id/bumpala ..........anyways.....i would like to put air bags in the ride...all i want is front, back, side to side.....i plan on using it at every red light...not when i drive the car...just when its stopped.....with just that type of action..how long will my tires last me on my car......thank you for your time

jesse ;)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I think I see now why youre concerned with tire wear..

that guy obviously has his camber all screwed up..

you should always determine your :normal: driving height, then have your car aligned at that height...

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 10 2003, 06:00 PM
I think I see now why youre concerned with tire wear..

that guy obviously has his camber all screwed up..

you should always determine your :normal: driving height, then have your car aligned at that height...
even if the alignment is within spec and out no more then 1/2 a degree on all specs driving a car that slammed with those big meats just turning the corners will wear the tire like that. If the outward and downward force exerted on the tire under cornering that wears the tire like that. Looking at those pics the guy has negative camber not positive!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i guess what you guys are saying is that if im gonna get them done, get them done right?......... one more question.... you say it wears on taking corners, thats because his arent set up right?....see this caprice of mine is an every day driver and im just wondering if maybe bags are for cruzing only, or they an be for an every day car just if i get them installed by the right people.....by the way...you guys know of any shops in SoCal that do bag installs?.......

thanks again for helping out

Jesse :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
trust me you wont be doin it at ever red light........once you see how much shit breaks you will be so afraid to hit the switch you will only want to do it in your own driveway and waiting for the tank to re-fill is anoying as fuck

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by jumper@Aug 10 2003, 11:15 PM
trust me you wont be doin it at ever red light........once you see how much shit breaks you will be so afraid to hit the switch you will only want to do it in your own driveway and waiting for the tank to re-fill is anoying as fuck
yes shiyt can break nothing is certain had the bomb bagged for almost eight years front back s/s daily driver perfect alingment set my drive hight hit switches like skater and layed body like a prostitute have had the same sears guardsman tires (rotate regularly) on it for about the past 4 yrs did my own work only thing ever broke was my original frame ripped on the rear bracket cuz o.g. frame was thin as fuck and i hit at every red light hit most all turns on a side action drove the freeway dragging ass i dont want you to get scared and think Oh shits gunna be breaking and i cant hit the switch i know a guy who is like a forefather when it comes to bags in so cal riverside area he's the soul guy behined many many cover cars and show cars total custumz he is also the homie who did jessi james primered 54 pm me is you want that info

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL... that is my car fellas. And for the record, the tires have been replaced, yes, that was a shameful day, but I had a digi camera that day, and I do not normally. A So I took the pics. And for the record, the guy who posted that pic, did not note that I was hitting a side on that picture... I removed my sway bars to hit fatter side to sides, and that is probly why the camber looks so terrible. So, quite frankly, I got rousted for no reason..Thanks for the bashing newayz tho, but I can assure you it looks nothing like that anymore... Damn, at first I saw my car posted, and was like hrmmm thats tite, but then I got bashed.. Thanks fellas. :(

Last edited by 91caprice at Aug 19 2003, 05:38 PM

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i didnt mean anything by it except that the front tire is 100% bald and the back one looks good. so somethins goin on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts