1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
jowbomber said they have a built in delay, like you have to hold the button down for a second before the car reacts..

i was gonna get one, to compliment the switches in my console, but after hearing that, I bought a playstation controller

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks yet again 216RIDER :cheesy:

I can see that would be a problem for competitions etc, but just for messing around I suppose it would be okay :) .

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
actually i was just playing with it last night (the airbox controller)
it'is less of a slower responce then i was thinking it has basically the same kinda set up the playstation controller has do you feel a slow responce with that i didn't it's good to hop your ride with and it feels pimp just walking to your car with your hand in your pocket and it lifts just before you get to it
the box with the built in relays is about 3"x3-1/2"x3/4"

hey 216 i have been thinking about an alarm system like you see on corvetts the ones that detect if you are close to it it de-activates and as you walk away it activates and with a kill switch to turn it or when you want to so you can fuck with them 3" switches

Last edited by joebomber52 at Oct 30 2003, 10:05 AM

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just keep your regular switchbox, and then hook your pancake switch up to your alarm so when you set your alarm it drops and then when you deactivate your alarm it lifts up. There's a ford lightning on airbags around here that has this, its pimp.

Last edited by Bumps N Jumps at Oct 30 2003, 03:48 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Bumps N Jumps@Oct 30 2003, 01:47 PM
Just keep your regular switchbox, and then hook your pancake switch up to your alarm so when you set your alarm it drops and then when you deactivate your alarm it lifts up. There's a ford lightning on airbags around here that has this, its pimp.
but the thing with the corvett is i didn't need to push anything it worked off of how close i was to the car just put it on my keys and in my pocket and it set solo i know about the alarm push the button but i want to do it with out pushing the putton

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks joebomber52.

I was looking around for suppliers for the Air Box controller and according to the pictures there are two different designs, although they are describing the same product. One has a flat controller pad and the other is very curved. I prefer the flat one. Are they the same product? I'm not sure because they don't show the box in one advert.

Which one have you got?

This one has a flatter controller in the picture (I prefer this one):

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/airboxwireless.html

This one has the curved shape controller in the picture on the box:

http://www.lightaudio.com/product_info.php...products_id/344

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Oct 30 2003, 03:12 PM
Thanks joebomber52.

I was looking around for suppliers for the Air Box controller and according to the pictures there are two different designs, although they are describing the same product. One has a flat controller pad and the other is very curved. I prefer the flat one. Are they the same product? I'm not sure because they don't show the box in one advert.

Which one have you got?

This one has a flatter controller in the picture (I prefer this one):

This one has the curved shape controller in the picture on the box:

http://www.lightaudio.com/product_info.php...products_id/344

those were both the same thing it takes less than 30 minutes to wire it up for me atleast but the valves wiring go directly to that harness and it has a hot wire that dissables it while ignition is on but i put a toggle switch on mine damn go for the lesser of the two fuck i remember 1 got mine for $130 when they first came out 2 years ago this is what i got but i beleive air box is the same makers or whatever it's the same creaters there is a remote one that aim makes or sells that actually looks like a t.v. channel changer the controller on your first link is what comes in the box that's in your second link curved with two joysticks and pancake buttons

this is mine

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Oct 29 2003, 07:00 PM
Has anyone got one of the Air Box Wireless controllers? I was wondering if they are any good. I like the idea of this! :cool:

These people sell them here:

What do you think?
It looks good for show. A guy I saw at a Import Show, I asked him about it. He said that it's mainly for show use. He said if your going to hop or take it to the street, your better off with switches.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
it works perfectly good for me either way my homboy hooked one up to his 61 with hydros 4 pumps and hopped the shit out of it for laughs but yeah if you notice on the picture of my receiver on the left one cord is to my 10 switch box and the other cord it to my 8 switch panel

Last edited by joebomber52 at Oct 30 2003, 04:47 PM

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 30 2003, 04:45 PM
it works perfectly good for me either way my homboy hooked one up to his 61 with hydros 4 pumps and hopped the shit out of it for laughs
hey Joe, how goes?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again joebomber52 :)

If they they are the same product, then that's okay, I won't get the wrong one!

However, unless I am going completely mad, the controller pictured on the box is curved and won't sit flat on a flat surface, whilst the picture of your controller (the one that I prefer) looks different and appears to sit flat on a flat surface!

Just had a look at your car on Cardomain.com. WOW! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mine's on there too: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...47&cat=25&val=1

:cheesy:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Oct 30 2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks again joebomber52  :)

If they they are the same product, then that's okay, I won't get the wrong one!

However, unless I am going completely mad, the controller pictured on the box is curved and won't sit flat on a flat surface, whilst the picture of your controller (the one that I prefer) looks different and appears to sit flat on a flat surface!

Just had a look at your car on Cardomain.com.  WOW!  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Mine's on there too: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...47&cat=25&val=1

:cheesy:
the pic on the box is comp gen to make it look cool but that is how the real control looks (mine)
it is kinda curved on the bottom on the sides but it doesn't look like a damn bat-arang

thankz i'ms check it out

Last edited by joebomber52 at Oct 30 2003, 05:23 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by whyn+Oct 30 2003, 04:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (whyn @ Oct 30 2003, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52@Oct 30 2003, 04:45 PM
it works perfectly good for me either way my homboy hooked one up to his 61 with hydros 4 pumps and hopped the shit out of it for laughs
hey Joe, how goes?[/b][/quote]
good :cool: did you figure out your tank troubles

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by joebomber52@Oct 30 2003, 06:19 PM

the pic on the box is comp gen to make it look cool but that is how the real control looks (mine)
it is kinda curved on the bottom on the sides but it doesn't look like a damn bat-arang
Well, I'm glad you cleared up that one! :cheesy: If I buy one and find the controller inside the box is computer generated I'll be very annoyed! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Oct 30 2003, 05:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Oct 30 2003, 05:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 04:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Oct 30 2003, 04:45 PM

hey Joe, how goes?
good :cool: did you figure out your tank troubles[/b][/quote]
yup. I went with a two gal.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by whyn+Oct 31 2003, 02:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (whyn @ Oct 31 2003, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2003, 04:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--joebomber52
@Oct 30 2003, 04:45 PM

hey Joe, how goes?

good :cool: did you figure out your tank troubles
yup. I went with a two gal.[/b][/quote]
where did you find room for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got one its good but the manual doesn't tell you that if your using 1/2 valves you most use relays.and the box doesn't have any customer support numbr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts