LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gots a paasche vl double action air brush with size 1 3 5 needles and other cone shaped things , well i cant paint a fine real thin line , its all blotchy on the ends and the air brush never sprays a even line of paint it always cunts in and out with paint , could someone help me out here please ? thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Did you break the gun down and clean up everything real good? What kind of paint are you using? The paint might be too thick, try to reduce it and then see.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Are you using a compressor? does it have an air tank? if not the piston could be making the paint uneven

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yer men i clean it up real well , do it after spraying and when i get back inside , im using enamel and acrylic paints when it splatters its pretty thin paint , umm the piston inthe brush ??? its in place correctly and ye ri do use a compressor , i set it at about 15-30 , i no 15 is way to low but it still sprays the paintso i dunno..

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** Well for the first thing, you dont have a brush that sprays fine lines to begin with.. I have the VL & it is mainly used as a T-shirt airbrush... I recently bought a new Iwata HP-C & it sprays a decent fine line...There is some better ones out there but, for a $150 this is a really good brush....You have a siphon fed brush now & i think you need to try out the gravity feed ...it cleans 20times easier than the siphon ....& it just sprays mint......It is just SUPER SIMPLE By all means......

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you are looking for a really good serious air brush go to coastairbrush.com. The best brush is the iwata cm-c or any other micron. and good overall brush would be the eclipse line hp-c. these with give you a fairly thin line and also a wide line. not sure on the pas. stuff. if you take the tip of the iwata you will get a little thinner line and the closer you get the thinner the line.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Oct 20 2003, 08:46 PM
** Well for the first thing, you dont have a brush that sprays fine lines to begin with.. I have the VL & it is mainly used as a T-shirt airbrush... I recently bought a new Iwata HP-C & it sprays a decent fine line...There is some better ones out there but, for a $150 this is a really good brush....You have a siphon fed brush now & i think you need to try out the gravity feed ...it cleans 20times easier than the siphon ....& it just sprays mint......It is just SUPER SIMPLE By all means......
ive seen a mate with the same air brush do fine lines....

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 20 2003, 07:24 PM
try 35 psi it will atomize the paint better.........and for real fine lines you should be closer to the work.........not sure how your brush works though as far as distance
ok ill give it ago , ive noticed too when its close to the object the lines do go thinner but they ant nice and clean they all feathered out on the edges and like not like this_______ sorta thing lol

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
**** More air will give you a wider pattern & a finer spray ... You can paint about a 1/8" line with the VL easily.. BUt, if you want to go smaller than that you must move your brush stroke very fast & that can cause problems when you travel past your mark..... I have Bought my Iwata HP-C from COASTAIRBRUSH.COM .....Check em out ....... YOu can get finer lines with the VL but, not consistantly... I know these brushes & have done Alot of artwork wit the VL---- it is not a fine line brush --It works mint for t-shirts --- Its a siphon fed gun....Try a gravity feed if you can -- You will like it !!!! ;)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Oct 21 2003, 09:04 PM
**** More air will give you a wider pattern & a finer spray ... You can paint about a 1/8" line with the VL easily.. BUt, if you want to go smaller than that you must move your brush stroke very fast & that can cause problems when you travel past your mark..... I have Bought my Iwata HP-C from COASTAIRBRUSH.COM .....Check em out ....... YOu can get finer lines with the VL but, not consistantly... I know these brushes & have done Alot of artwork wit the VL---- it is not a fine line brush --It works mint for t-shirts --- Its a siphon fed gun....Try a gravity feed if you can -- You will like it !!!!  ;)
yer ive herd that gravity feed brushes r good but ive already bought me gun and i cant take it back and i ant gont another 200-300 bucks for a new one and im in the place where id be real hard to find one , ill try some shit tomorrow from what you guys hard said , thanks

Last edited by 64_impalas at Oct 21 2003, 10:20 PM

·
Registered
191 Posts
chech out coast air brush. they sell the brush he is talking about for less than 100 usd. if you do decide to get one i would obt for the 15 teflon o rings just incase you decide to use automotive paint. if you use automotive paint it will swell the reg. orings up. you could also try ebay i have seen some iwata hp c on there for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I have this same airbrush homie...Are you using the right tips with the right needles?? Since it is a double action brush, you will get more paint as you pull back the trigger. So maybe the lines are getting wider as you pull back?? You can adjust the trigger to spray the same way every time you pull it...There is a littled dial in front of the trigger, adjust it there until you find the spray pattern that you are looking for. Also, the way you release the trigger can have something to do with it...I was told to press down and pull back when starting a spray stroke, and then press the trigger forward and release to end the stroke...

paz

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Armando Ranflitas@Oct 22 2003, 04:06 PM
I have this same airbrush homie...Are you using the right tips with the right needles?? Since it is a double action brush, you will get more paint as you pull back the trigger. So maybe the lines are getting wider as you pull back?? You can adjust the trigger to spray the same way every time you pull it...There is a littled dial in front of the trigger, adjust it there until you find the spray pattern that you are looking for. Also, the way you release the trigger can have something to do with it...I was told to press down and pull back when starting a spray stroke, and then press the trigger forward and release to end the stroke...

paz
i dunno about the needles with the tips , i dunno what ones go together?? i fine that the #3 needle with a bigger tip produces a thinner line when i thought the #1 needle would...

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
yeah what pressure are you spraying at?

if i were you i would get a stack of white paper it will be easier on the eyes....and it's cheap...........

now back to the brush.........

i don't know how your brush is setup...but.........

the problem i had when trying fine lines is my trigger was adjusted too loose.........which resulted in alot of paint coming out too fast

so i tightened the tension nut and made the trigger a little bit harder to pull back..........

try it and see if this helps........

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by kromatized+Oct 24 2003, 04:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kromatized @ Oct 24 2003, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64_impalas@Oct 23 2003, 04:57 PM
here is my efforts  
sup

looks to me you do not have enough air pressure, paint may be thick too....

lee

p.s. what sort of paint is it?[/b][/quote]
umm that is model paint made by humbrol , when i sprayed that i think the pressure was at like 20 or something

1 - 20 of 26 Posts