LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up homies i was just wondering about how much horse power to look for and what size tank is good for a do it your selfer at home in his garage :biggrin: thanx ahead of time for any info from the homies

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
More hp, the faster the compressor fills the tank. Bigger the tank the more reserve u have on hand. Key thing 2 look for is duty cycle and what kinda voltage u plan on runnin 2 it. The more u use ur air tools the more u will require of the compressor. If u plan on paintin with it I thing u need 90 psi constant pressure available if I remember correctly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Some more things that will come in2 play is the longer ur compressor runs the more electricity it will cost u in the long run. I would weigh out all ur options and decide what u plan on usin it 4 and look for something based on that.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like FlipFlopBox said high CFM is the key. Go as big as you can afford so you don't regret it later. Like my welding machine, got a 110 volt now I wish I would have paid the extra $200 for the 220 volts. I got a 60 gallon it runs all my tools. DA sander, impact guns, grinders, and my sandblaster. Something that size you'll probably looking at hooking up 220 volts.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANX FOR THE INFO HOMIES :biggrin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
CFM is all you need to look at.
To many motors out there are advertised at much more HP then they are.
If you want to compare motors, then compare amps, it's right on the motor
plate and it doesn't lie.
Once you start comparing you'll quickly find a big difference in HP claims.
Amps don't lie. And it takes a certain number of amps for each hp.
Look it up and you'll find how many for a given hp it has to draw.
It's unbelievaqble some of the out-right lies on hp, especially the
import junk ones. There's plenty of 2 hp motors listed as 3 and 4 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts